Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 2 – Page 24
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:40 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 24
     Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:56 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So it is Ansom I guess?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:57 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    What possible strategic incentive could Jillian even give in favour of attacking the ground troops? Wanda and her air units are by far the biggest threat. Worst comes to worst they could even just destroy the bridge and probably not have to worry about the ground forces for another turn or so.

Edit: Augh! Ninja'd! Curse you and your short message :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:00 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    She wants to save Ansom, it's all she cares for.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:04 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    If Jillian ever had to deal with her emotional twin, one or both would be croaked so very fast.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:06 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Radagast wrote:
    So it is Ansom I guess?

Apparently, and if she wants anybody else's opinion on the subject she'll read it in their entrails.

Quote:
    Sonic Screwdriver
    I am a Tool!

Heh.... :lol:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 am 
    She's trying to play it both ways. She doesn't want to kill Wanda, and she doesn't want Ansom to die. So she's trying to save them both.

I see no reason why Tremminis would go along with this. Attacking Ansom's column would result in many of his own units croaking, and for what gain? As he said, they should win that fight automatically by attacking the vulnerable, weaker Wanda/flyer stack.

This is a decision that makes sense only to her. And only if she doesn't think about it too closely.

It is, however, perfectly in line with her character.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:11 am 
    I liked this one, probably due to the change of scenery. And because the NORP sounds the megalogwiffs are making. And the sourmanders. I like sourmanders.

In the last panel, it looks like the decrypted are arguing with twolls. Why would that be? Differences in loyalty?

Also, in panel 5 the Jetstone livery causes Tramennis to look like he's having wings and a halo. Heavy-handed symbolism of what is yet to come or coincidence?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:14 am 
    Holy hell, that's stupid, Jillian. Turning Ansom won't make him not Decrypted.

Looks like the "queen transformation" is only superficial and we're still left with Jillian Zamussels wandering around the battlefield with her emotional baggage weighing down her thought processes. Sometimes a head of state needs to sacrifice even close friends for the survival and prosperity of the state and its allies.

Wake up you silly little boop.

Last edited by imgran on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    imgran wrote:
    Holy hell, that's stupid, Jillian.

And you're surprised?

Back to the update. I liked it.

For one, it shows the characters as they interact.

Jillian acts like the Jillian we know (not so much stupid, but a curious blend of only caring for what she wants and not for what is polite/ethical/possible).

And Tremennis ... ugh I may be swaying to the Trem side ... anyway, Tremennis shows some similarity with his brothers. Apparently both he and Ossomer would dismiss ill-considered plans as inefficient. Nice touch showing the cross-influences there.

There's even some clever turn-talk (for a change, thank you Jesus! I mean Titans) coming from Jillian of all people, so yeah. Let's move on, I can't wait to see what's next.

Maybe now is the time for that Ansom inner monologue again? :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:32 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Ruler of Erfworld
    BLANDCorporatio wrote:

Actually, I think it would appropriate to go to War room in GK. Or Parson for that matter.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:41 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    -D- wrote:
    BLANDCorporatio wrote:

Actually, I think it would appropriate to go to War room in GK. Or Parson for that matter.

Good thing that they can't fight in there.

But yes, that is probably where the next update will go. It's just that for a few updates now it would not have been bad to hear Ansom's perspective on being left behind.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:59 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    BLANDCorporatio wrote:
    There's even some clever turn-talk (for a change, thank you Jesus! I mean Titans) coming from Jillian of all people, so yeah. Let's move on, I can't wait to see what's next.

So, it seems like Haggar can't move into Jetstone's capital and then break alliance + attack in one step.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 am 
    We know Hagger was planning to break alliance. http://www.erfworld.com/page/22/ They were practically salivating about wiping out Jetstone.

But now Jillian has screwed up their plans as well. Heck, she might have just saved Jetstone.

I wonder if Charlie had some sort of secret deal with Hagger that Jillian just messed up. That might explain why he is stressed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    imgran wrote:

Yes, but remember there is a Healomancer in Tremennis' forces. That's exactly why she needs his buy-in to this operation, in addition to the support forces. If there's a chance the Healomancer could un-Croak a Decrypted unit (Ansom) like Healomancers can un-Croak regular Croaked units, then it makes Ansom quite easy to Turn once Toolism and Wanda are out of his head. GK is deprived of it's Chief Warlord and all the bonuses he gives to the GK infantry at the bridge, making them quite easy to smash.

Jillian is chaotic and emotionally unbalanced, indeed, but she is battle-savvy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:50 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    Neko wrote:
    imgran wrote:

Yes, but remember there is a Healomancer in Tremennis' forces. That's exactly why she needs his buy-in to this operation, in addition to the support forces. If there's a chance the Healomancer could un-Croak a Decrypted unit (Ansom) like Healomancers can un-Croak regular Croaked units, then it makes Ansom quite easy to Turn once Toolism and Wanda are out of his head.

Assuming you can resurrect a patch of dust. Without an artifact.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:53 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    I just wonder if Charlie is going to have to pay Sammy something to help out Tremennis. Haggar & Son are perhaps even more mercenary than Charlie right now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:58 am 
    I would not want to be a FAQ unit now. Or until the turn Jillian croaks. She's an incredibly incompetent queen, and a selfish one too.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:13 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So she wants Ansom, but why do I get the feeling that Tremmnis, or however you spell his name, is playing stupid? Can't wait to see how this ends.

Last edited by badninja on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:17 pm 
    imgran wrote:

Looks like the "queen transformation" is only superficial and we're still left with Jillian Zamussels wandering around the battlefield with her emotional baggage weighing down her thought processes. Sometimes a head of state needs to sacrifice even close friends for the survival and prosperity of the state and its allies.

Wake up you silly little boop.

Ummm... thats why she isn't giving Jetstone the ability to kill Wanda. She is thinking with her head. She's just not thinking the way the rest want her too. They destroy GK's ground forces and capture their Chief Warlord, major blow to GK. Wanda is alive, forced to pull back, Jillian has her boy toy, Jetstone is safe for another day, she's making it the best for herself while being manageable for everyone else.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions