Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 22
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:22 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
"Thing is, the Arkenpliers only have a special effect on uncroaked units, they don't shock living units; or heal them; or have any other effect."

Do we *know* that? Possible that arkenpliers are part of "life" axis, and an attuned healomancer would first discover their healing powers. The magic kingdom mancers do feel that Wanda is doing stuff beyond croakomancy, upsetting the magic "balance".

There are small hints that Stanley's hammer may have powers beyond the known ones, eg the walnut to pigeons. Possible a different sort of attuned person could animate a few units per turn, similar to how Sizemore can animate.

Last edited by multilis on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:26 pm 
    If it were me, I'd take wanda's dwagon and kidnap her. suddently she is holding two sides ransom. She lets wanda go, jetstone is doomed, she keeps her captive, GK is in trouble

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:29 pm 
    Winged wrote:
    If it were me, I'd take wanda's dwagon and kidnap her. suddently she is holding two sides ransom. She lets wanda go, jetstone is doomed, she keeps her captive, GK is in trouble

Jetstone, being able to recall their field units (especially the casters, archers, and leadership) this turn, may not be doomed. You can't cross zones when attacker and not your turn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:39 pm 
    multilis wrote:
    Do we *know* that? Possible that arkenpliers are part of "life" axis, and an attuned healomancer would first discover their healing powers. The magic kingdom mancers do feel that Wanda is doing stuff beyond croakomancy, upsetting the magic "balance".

There are small hints that Stanley's hammer may have powers beyond the known ones, eg the walnut to pigeons. Possible a different sort of attuned person could animate a few units per turn, similar to how Sizemore can animate.

The Arkenpliers were in Jetstone's possession for Titans know how many turns, I highly doubt they have abilities that Ansom could have tapped into and wasn't aware of. Aside from that we have no idea what a warlord sees when looking at an item, do they see its abilities like when looking at a unit?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:13 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Dances-with-Marbits wrote:
    The Arkenpliers were in Jetstone's possession for Titans know how many turns, I highly doubt they have abilities that Ansom could have tapped into and wasn't aware of. Aside from that we have no idea what a warlord sees when looking at an item, do they see its abilities like when looking at a unit?

Text update 9 suggests the pliers were just kept in a vault in Spacerock, and taken into battle extremely infrequently. Just like the casters! Also, it seems as if they were only treated as a weapon, when they were allowed out - they might have had all sorts of interesting non-weapon functions for the unattuned that no-one bothered to discover. I think the extent of Jetstone's knowledge was that the current wielder wasn't attuned to them, and that they were good at hitting things, and if those things happened to be uncroaked they turned to dust.

Last edited by splintermute on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:16 pm 
    splintermute wrote:

Text update 9 suggests the pliers were just kept in a vault in Spacerock, and taken into battle extremely infrequently. Just like the casters!

And Ansom wasn't attuned. It is possible that no royal unit *can* attune, which would balance their higher stats.

Possible that Jetstone was too stuck up on royalty to try giving pliers to a healomancer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:28 am 
    Thing is, the Arkenpliers only have a special effect on uncroaked units, they don't shock living units; or heal them; or have any other effect.
    They do offer their wielder, and by extension the possibility of the wielder's stack and/or hex, an artifact bonus in combat.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions