Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:41 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:00 am 
    Ah, Adam and the Ants. And more reasons for me to like Tramennis. I look forward seeing him leading a battle.
    Liked the theological discussion too. Dwagon goo seems to last for one turn.

Last edited by Lawd on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:01 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I bet Adam Antium is really tough.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:04 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Great text update, as always. Thank you for your work!

Erfworld religion really is interesting. I wonder, where the scriptures created by the Titans, or by units
    that (thought) they understood something. From the strategy-game point of view, scorists seem not
    so implausible.

I could well imagine Tramennis in a discussion with the Titans. I must say I like him a lot more in
    this update than previously.

On the other hand, this settles any discussion about wether Gobwin-Knobs turn really ended. And the three
    casters can wreak havoc on Wanda's forces. I am still dissapointed at Wanda's knowledge (or lack thereof) of
    Jillian's character. A well, since Wanda also wear's plot armor, she will survive the battle and (hopefully) learn
    something.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:06 am 
    Justyn wrote:

I am too used to seeing music references in Erfworld, that I didn't see adamantium but did see a British band. Hm, well I usually call the stuff adamantine anyway.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:23 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Chadim wrote:
    On the other hand, this settles any discussion about wether Gobwin-Knobs turn really ended. And the three
    casters can wreak havoc on Wanda's forces. I am still dissapointed at Wanda's knowledge (or lack thereof) of
    Jillian's character. A well, since Wanda also wear's plot armor, she will survive the battle and (hopefully) learn
    something.

I don't know if it ended. It seems too powerful, too broken to just deny the enemy a turn - partway through it, to boot.

I think what the Turnamancy spell did, was suspend Gobwin Knob's turn. It'll resume after the Turnamancer's side and allies are done. But that'll be a lot of pain to dish out in the so-called meanwhilst.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:24 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So... GK´s turn is finished. Here begins the carnage of the Task Force Wanda.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:30 am 
    This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Updates like this and the last one are the reason why I'm so highly addicted to this comic. I've read a handful of online comics but apart from OOTS there was none which could build up even half as much tension as Erfworld does with it's phases of suprising plot twist after suprising plot twist. There are soo many things I'm looking forward to seeing right now.

- How will Wanda react emotionally and will we get a text update for it?
    - What will that other kingdom do which proposed help but purposely left their column some hexes away?
    - Did Jillian employ Unaroyals turnamancer or did Charlie lend her one which he hired (i.e. unaroyals turnamancer was ordered not to ally with royal-sides)? edit: Oh well, I should've read the summer updates more thoroughly. They did hire unaroyals Vanna after all. Btw great pun giving a turnamancer 2 abilities (turning units and shifting turns). I didn't see that one coming at all even though both abilities were mentioned previously already. ^^
    - Which column has the advantage in the coming battle now?
    - Will Tramennis face Ansom and/or Ossomer?
    - And of course I'm generally interested into Charlies motives.

And many many more ^^

Last edited by Squall83 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:31 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Heh. The world is cruel and in need of improvement only when it's kicking you in the face. Very realistic and utilitarian,

So is Tremennis speaking of crossing the bridge (folly?) or partially returning to Spacerock (more like)? We'll finally see him in action and even though I don't like the character still, that would be a nice thing.

Also,

Will Wanda survive? (yes)

Will Jack survive? (most like)

Will Scarlet get her moment of glory? (I sure hope so!)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:38 am 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    You know... a lot of authors whose stuff I've read seem to struggle to get into the head of intelligent, witty, or similar characters without making them feel shallow, but I've been repeatedly impressed by Rob's ability to consistently do it awesomely in the updates; we get inside their head and somehow within a few paragraphs of dialogue their personality is demonstrated and we get a feel for them, all without making external examination of the character or outright introspection the focus of the update, which instead takes a snippet of events adding to the background of either the story or the world as a whole, and just does it on the side.

I think this update is an excellent example of this.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:58 am 
    Hmm... people get a lot more philosophical when facing their end, don't they? I like Tremminis. I wouldn't mind him being King someday.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:55 am 
    "I've lived quite a long time, for a Prince of Jetstone."
    I wonder how many heirs Slatley have pooped, I guess it were more than three.

And wonderful update. :)

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:58 am 
    Slately popped his heirs. He didn't poop them.

I hope.

<INSERT_WITTY_COMMENT_HERE>

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:01 am 
    I think we've seen Adam Antium before. Could he be the warlord talking to Trammenis in page 12, panel 2?

You're not the contents of your item list.
    You're not you fuggin' armor.
    You are the all-fighting, all-spellcasting heroes of the world.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:22 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I really like how Tremennis's character shows through in the text updates (the comic, not quite as much). I suspect that we can expect great things from him before he croaks, and maybe even after. I bet he and Parson would get along pretty well.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:38 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I found I liked Tramennis, his point of view is strangely out of place in this world. Now I understand why he is so different then his siblings and his father. I hope he gets captured by GK because him and Parson would have some good debates. I liked how even he relizied that now was the time to sow confusion in GK's ranks and now this battle is in their advantage. Maybe he is going to survive this battle after all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:12 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit
    D'aww, that little Jetstone bugger managed to get higher in my esteem again.

I'd really wish he at least gets a chance to discuss with Parson. If the latter would share his experience of a different world- most probably still not the best of all the possible worlds (and here I am reminded of my readings of Candide by Voltaire 8-) ) but a good basis to understanding that maybe things could work out differently... who knows what could they attempt?

Great text update!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:28 am 
    This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    More about rhyme-o-mancy! Is dance fighting natural rhyme-o-mancy?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 pm 
    Lawd wrote:
    Justyn wrote:

I am too used to seeing music references in Erfworld, that I didn't see adamantium but did see a British band. Hm, well I usually call the stuff adamantine anyway.

I feel silly now after noticing "adamantium", but...am I the only person who thought of Atom Ant?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:27 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    i really, really like Tramennis. i hope he and Parson meet at some point and have a chance to talk.

also, having played City of Heroes, no--it is not enough to make up for life's pain and indignities.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions