Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 2 – Page 16
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:03 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 16
     Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:10 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter
    Nice one. Great final line.

So... archons? Or is the queen playing it straight with Wanda?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:12 pm 
    Uh, Megalogwiffins are really big. That's gonna be a hard fight.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:12 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So close.. so tense... we're almost there!

Should be interesting to see what happens 'up there'.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:21 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    On this page, you can see that Faq has eight megalogwiffs, but on page 10, Ossomer said they only have six - was he misinformed? will this require some retconjuration?

Oooh! Maybe two of them are veiled archon pinatas!

Last edited by splintermute on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm 
    As I've said before, Meglogwiffs appear to be about three times the size of a Dwagon, and armored to boot, so I'm guessing they may be the most powerful flying unit in Erfworld.

I'm getting more impressed with Lin's artwork. The expression on Wanda's face in panel nine is very subtle, yet clearly wistful. In the next panel, it's also clear that even though Stanley has caused a rift between them, there's still a lot of love between the two.

Lastly, I think a lot of people will probably mistake the meaning of what Jillian is talking about when she asks Wanda to "get high". I have a feeling that it simply means flying their respective mounts up high to have a private parley. The stoners will be disappointed! :lol:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:28 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    wow. Megalogwiffs are .. mega. yeesh.

Slately is still a 'dry turd' (Don King's words, not mine). He can't even call Jillian by her name or a polite title even when she is the only thing standing between him and Decryption or Oblivion. "Barbarian Queen" indeed.

Looks like this meeting will go better than the last time when Wanda unleashed the Air Defenses on Jillian (or at least Jillians entourage). Hopefully we won't have 15 pages of inane debate on whether 'getting high' means increasing in altitude or the revelation of Erfworld mood altering substances or both. (Hey, they have alcohol, right?) It was probably a good idea NOT to bring Ansom along for this trip - wounds and reactions notwithstanding- the real reason he was left behind was so Wanda and Jillian could get some alone time.

I think Wanda is underestimating Jillian or else we are about to see either some more insights into their past relationship AND/OR some trick of Charlie's. We know that Charlie's stated goal is to croak either Wanda or Stanley. My bet would be that he plans on using the events here to regain the confidence of the other royals by defeating Wanda and also has the Gobwin Gambit in play as a backup/feint to try and take out Stanley.

The whole point of Jillian sneaking into Jetstone seems pointless now but I'm sure Charlie has covered for that contingency. I wonder if Charlie is aware that they are not really facing Parson's tactics but mainly Wanda's at this point.

Last edited by joosy on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:29 pm 
    Its getting exciting! :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:29 pm 
    Ok, those two's relationship get entered a new level of kink. And I didn't think it could. :lol: Going to be very interesting to see what happens next. Will there be a betrayal? Who will betray who? Wanda betray Jillian? Jillian Betray Wanda? Charlie betray Jillian? Jillian betray Charlie? Wanda and Jillian betray everone? Say tuned as "The ErfWolrd Turns!" :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:30 pm 
    So, how high CAN Archon's fly? Do the hexes go up to infinity or if you go up enough is there ANOTHER hex?

WAG
    Spoiler: show
    Charlie's Archons are hiding topside. They're going to Capture Wanda.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:32 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Welf von Ehrwald wrote:
    Uh, Megalogwiffins are really big. That's gonna be a hard fight.

Just a correction - I believe they're called Megalogwiffs, not Megalogwiffons... people keep calling them that.

If it was just Megalogwiffs versus Dwagons, I wouldn't say it would be a hard fight - they look big and could probably hold their own with dwagons one on one, maybe even beat them, but they're outnumbered by a lot.

But that all doesn't matter, because it's oh so definitely coming down to the Wanda-Jillian dynamic. Both of them have something up their sleeves. Wanda would be stupid to take the offer to ditch stacks and have some one-on-one fun...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:34 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    "too crowded", "let's ditch our stacks" ?

I'm thinking if Parson were there the alarm bells would all be going off?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:35 pm 
    This artwork is just weirding me out. Most of it is wonderfully realised, but what on Erf is going on with the female faces? Look at the bottom row. Jillian and Wanda's faces are blankly identical, just differing in complexion. Their features are the same shape and size. There's expression, but no character. And no, I don't think that's Meaningful or Significant or Deep. It's just weak realisation.

So sad - they used to be so distinct and instantly recognisable. :cry:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Interesting. Wanda breaking stack is at no risk, since Jillian can't cross the hex boundary. Jillian, on the other hand...what's she playing at?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm 
    But if Wanda ditch stack, the decrypted will lose her bonus (or is it in the hex). Could be a move to weaken the GK fliers in the fight?
    next talking will be inteeeeresting

and yes, megalogwiffs are really huge!

(ahd hallo everibody!)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 pm 
    I love the cool smiles while they are both planning 99% bad things for the other.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:40 pm 
    I think the author is being straight with the readers. Jillian knew Wanda would come. She knows taking out Wanda is the key to defeating Stanly, and killing Stanley is her primary goal. She obviously knows what she's doing and has tricks up her sleeve, and is using herself as bait.

It looks like the battle isn't going to engage hard core until they have their 'talk'. I'm hoping the talk doesn't take too long!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter
    Huh.

A thought.

One of our biggest safeguards on Wanda's loyalty has been that, near as we can tell, betrayal by non-heirs isn't possible... they can't start their own side, only turn. So Wanda couldn't *just* split off from GK... but, there's nothing to stop her turning and joining Jillian, and have decrypted + FAQ vs. GK vs. Everyone Else.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:42 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    splintermute wrote:
    On this page, you can see that Faq has eight megalogwiffs, but on page 10, Ossomer said they only have six - was he misinformed? will this require some retconjuration?

Oooh! Maybe two of them are veiled archon pinatas!
    Can't believe someone beat me to pointing this out! :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    atteSmythe wrote:
    Interesting. Wanda breaking stack is at no risk, since Jillian can't cross the hex boundary. Jillian, on the other hand...what's she playing at?

Are you sure they're not already in the same hex? Are we sure this is a parley at a hex boundary, rather than with Wanda already having entered the hex?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions