Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 298
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:08 am 
This user posted the comment of the month
Squall83 wrote:
Dude, unless there's someone else with your avatar out there, I remember you being ALSO the one who called Rob sneakily ending the comic this way. :roll:

I suggested it as a possibility based on Rob's real world situation. I was SUGGESTING everyone pucker up in the event that our little slice of Rob's life is NOT the most important thing in the world...

Given that there were further updates since that, it invalidated that - admittedly far-fetched, even at the time - theory.

Quit being a salty bitch... and no, I'm not going to *boop* that one out when someone is making a comment just to be a sanctimonious pain in the ass.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:32 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Ruler of Erfworld This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Screw how he got back to Spacerock! We have a once in a lifetime opportunity here! During his obviously long fall.. did he ever look to the horizon?? Can he indeed confirm or deny the Flat-Erf Theory?

Help me buy a new telescope! My Japanese students will love you for it!

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:40 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    TV is on a mountain. The scroll could have transported him to his capital hex, but not changed his elevation.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:44 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Chiu ChunLing wrote:
    On a completely unrelated note, I was wondering why Parson bothered with a drink that would just be the water he fell in, and realized that's Bonnie's drink he's slurping.

Make of that what you will.

If Bonnie had a problem taking orders from a level 7 Duke, she's going to have a real issue with this Level 3 Peasant that steals her rations.

The difference between the good Duke and Parson is that Parson was/is Charlies public enemy no. 1. The duke was some mook, Parson made Charlie worry.

The Level 3 Peasant that has done his best to flip the game board that Charlie practically ruled would probably get at least some respect.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:51 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I still hoped he would go to former Gobwin Knob for a twist.. Spacerock is obviously too safe of a place for him to be.

Last edited by Kir on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:13 am 
    I had to read it multiple times before understanding what is going on. Nice page.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent
    Lipkin wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Jack's is telling Caesar that Parson is gone. He explicitly said that he went home... to Ohio. (DUN DUN DUN)

Yes. That's what I'm saying. Jack is going to enjoy lying to Caesar. I am saying that Jack knows Parson hasn't been sent to Stupidworld, but has to give that story to Caesar so that no one finds out the truth. After Parson being so frustratingly honest with Caesar, Jack is going to enjoy deceiving their supposed friends.

First, Jack said, "It sent him home." Period. No mention of Ohio or anywhere.

Second, Jack isn't, or at least wasn't, lying to Caesar... not intentionally. In the last update, Jack thought to himself, "For good or ill, the Good Lord Parson Gotti's otherworldly foolishness had sent him back to his other world." Does that sound like Jack knew Parson was being sent to or had arrived at Spacerock? At that very moment, Jack sincerely believed that Parson was no longer in Erf, and that was after Caesar had beat Vanna into "a pile of Turnamancer," so a bit of time had passed. I can't explain why Jack and Maggie were/are unaware that Parson did not go to Stupidworld, other than my theory of him being teleported to an area above the limits of natural Erf, but they certainly were/are genuine in their belief that the scroll was successful.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:39 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Year of the Dwagon Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm glad to see Parson's still in play. I'm sure Rob will explain what happened in the near future, but I suspect that it's one or more of the following:

1. Parson's will contesting Vanna and Roger's prevented perfect casting of the spell, and that caused an unintended effect.

2. Roger being croaked right as the spell was cast interfered with the proper casting of the spell and caused an unintended effect.

3. Jed somehow interfered with the spell and redirected it. Possibly using Maggie or the doll as a medium for doing so.

The theories involving the Arkenshoes or the spell taking Parson "home" (and that unexpectedly being Spacerock) seem less likely to me. But of course I can't rule them out.

One thing that does strike me as interesting about this development though is that Parson was able to instantly move over a vast distance off-turn without using a portal. It sounds like other than the portals in the Magic Kingdom, teleportation is all but unknown in Erfworld. Ace Hardware said in book 3, page 43 that he knew of no way to produce portal magic, even with a linkup. So if GK or another side that experiments with magic heavily tried to replicate the circumstances of this Parson-teleportation event, I wonder if they could create teleportation on demand? Sure, the circumstances here are unusual (summoned warlord from another world, weirdomancy and carnymancy spell, 3-unit linkup, and we still don't know exactly why things turned out the way they did), but still if some effort and some trial-and-error were put in to try to reproduce the effect, it could potentially be a game changer.

Another thing I wonder: Both Parson and Vanna were in a tri-link that ended abruptly. It may have ended abruptly for Parson when he was teleported away. If not, it would have ended for Parson and Vanna both when Roger croaked. Did anyone take any "backlash" damage from that? Or maybe Roger absorbed it all when he croaked?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent
    Darkstar7613 wrote:
    HOLY *BOOP*!!!

I called it right last update!!!

Darkstar7613 wrote:
    Parson - Gone (where? Home is where you hang your hat...)

http://forums.erfworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14107&p=230691#p230691

... my week is officially complete. G'night errybuddy.

Well, not to brag or anything, but I called it a week before you. Not that those things are important. :roll: :lol:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:45 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    If the 19 million shmuckers came from two different bounties....

Didn't Don sign a contract with Gobwin Knob to give Transilvito atleast 2 Million Schmuckers on the return of Parson to Spacerock? http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/152

But if Parson emptied Gobwin Knob's treasury...

Does that mean he is a unit of Transilvito? Maybe that's why Jack can't detect his bonus: he is currently a unit of TV.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:03 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hopefully this all builds to an epic Ready Player One page Rob's got planned when the movie drops...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:04 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month
    Merilynne wrote:
    Not that those things are important. :roll: :lol:

... obviously it was important enough to whip your dick out about.

Seriously, my post was simply a happy affirmation that something went as I had guessed it might... and you children have turned into a fucking dick waving contest about who said what when and who said something that turned out to be wrong...

Just another symptom of where we're at as a people, I guess... everyone has to one-up and try to be the better.

Fuck y'all... I'm done commenting here. It used to be cool and fun, but as Rob's audience has grown, obviously so has the likelihood of their being the sort of folks I'd rather not interact with.

Some of you I'll miss... a little.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:08 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    RocketSeraph wrote:
    What I'd like to bring attention to is the fact that we never see Parson's feet in any of these frames, nor have any idea if we didn't 'time skip' whatever parson's adventures were. The Arkenshoes may still be in play.

That would work with "not what I was expecting" and the need/calmness to have a drink right after a long fall too. But unless we cut away to something completely different we should know within a month. :mrgreen:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:14 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter
    Now Parson will probably have a pleasure explaining Stanley why he had left a good portion of GK treasury lying on the table in TV capital. Hilarity ensues :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:29 am 
    Darkstar7613 wrote:
    Merilynne wrote:
    Not that those things are important. :roll: :lol:

... obviously it was important enough to whip your dick out about.

Seriously, my post was simply a happy affirmation that something went as I had guessed it might... and you children have turned into a fucking dick waving contest about who said what when and who said something that turned out to be wrong...

Just another symptom of where we're at as a people, I guess... everyone has to one-up and try to be the better.

Fuck y'all... I'm done commenting here. It used to be cool and fun, but as Rob's audience has grown, obviously so has the likelihood of their being the sort of folks I'd rather not interact with.

Some of you I'll miss... a little.

Since I don't have that particular appendage... no. But boop you if you can't take a joke, kiddo. Adios.

Last edited by Merilynne on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:32 am 
    Anomynous 167 wrote:

Didn't Don sign a contract with Gobwin Knob to give Transilvito atleast 2 Million Schmuckers on the return of Parson to Spacerock? http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/152

Does that mean he is a unit of Transilvito? Maybe that's why Jack can't detect his bonus: he is currently a unit of TV.

Good point, but I'm not sure there were two different bounties. Wouldn't Ben know? He was aware that Charlescomm "blinged" the treasury.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    As long as Vanna's still in the room, it's better for Jack to let everyone think Parson has returned to Stupidworld. This is kind of unfortunate for Vanna, currently, but given that she was working for CC instead of TV... yeah. Leave Charlie and Shirley a cliffhanger until the next episode of Bat 9. And then tell Caesar in private. Maintain any information advantage you have over Charlie.

Charlie thinks Parson has left the world, but it's just -- if I may paraphrase the Book of Rockabilly -- Parson has left the building.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:56 am 
    I will tell you what Parson knows right now (sorry if I'm not 1st saying that):

Teleports are possible on Erfworld without going through MK.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:11 am 
    "Splash Page" was the magic words DigDoug used to make a water trap too. Does that mean that Jed is capable of making traps wherever he wants? Maybe he can use Dirtamancy the same way he seems to have some rudimentary Thinkamancy? Presumably then, he'd also be able to use some Dollamancy.

That could have a lot of interesting applications later, if every other capital is getting something like Jed. Might see something like Shirley using Dollamancy on all those failed etsies...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:21 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Merilynne wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:

Good point, but I'm not sure there were two different bounties. Wouldn't Ben know? He was aware that Charlescomm "blinged" the treasury.

Gobwin Knob's treasury is empty, so Gobwin Knob wouldn't be able to give TV any shmuckers. Also Bennie doesn't have Ruler senses, so he wouldn't be able to notice Gobwin Knob's payment they made using Potatomen and other means.

If there were two payments made by Charlie, he may have made the second one once he caused one of TV's units to fall from a great height. But that seems to be reaching.

edit: "Blinged" the treasury. I just got that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions