Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other People's Things » Movies and Television

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:58 am 
Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool!
This should be spoiler free in case anyone is worried.

Pacific Rim Uprising:
This was a pretty decent film for what it wants to be. The Fights are less memorable than the 1st film and they attempt to up that by increasing the numbers of Jagers active at once. The plot is somewhat better than the 1st film and it builds well from the original.
I would give it a 7/10 less if you are not a mecha person.

Ready player One:
Steven Spielberg puts in his action adventure hat. The same hat I figured he had lost after he made the 1st Jurassic Park. Ready Player One is 2 hours of film that was over before I realized it. It was well paced and the plot moved along without ever dragging.

This movie is not the book, and I feel it is better for it. Almost nobody would think a movie with a scene about getting the high score in Joust is good cinema.

The characters feel put together well enough to be believable without having to have another half hour of backstory to flush them out.

Yes there is so much nostalgia in this film that you could probably overdose. With that said It would not be Ready Player One without it. Two days later I feel like part of my brain is still processing this film and I will probably have to see it again to help this happen.

All in all if you want a film that will bring you joy, a bit of sadness and some well crafted scenes that only Steven Spielberg could have pulled off, then Ready Player One is the film to see this year.

10/10 for me 7-8/10 if you do not know what "The Breakfast Club" is.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:38 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Ready Player One seems to be pretty divisive. I know people who saw it and rather enjoyed it, and I know people who HATE it. I think the hatred comes from the expectation of it being more like the book. I think I'll see it and then read the book, and see how I feel about it as a movie on its own.

I did see Pacific Rim Uprising. The parts that I thought would be annoying weren't as bad as I feared, and hooray for giant monsters and bots. I'd say it wasn't as good as the first movie, but not by a huge amount.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Other People's Things » Movies and Television