Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Multimedia

Post subject: Online Archon Generator
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:05 am 
Given the pretty recent chapter discussing Archons and their specials that they get at leveling up, I quickly wiped up a random Archon generator for all your battlespace solution needs.

The black background is me sort of trying to emulate the thinkagram background but without putting too much effort into it.

I also caped the level of the Archons you can ask for from 1 (why would you need a 0 lvl Archon you aren't a Carnie are you ?) to a arbitrary level which I set at 20 not because we've seen such units in the comic but because of the level cap in DnD.

A extra heretical fanon that I coded in was that all Archons start with Shockmancy 1 and Thinkamancy 1, because we've never seen a Archon engage in standard melee and we've never seen a Archon say that she can't do a thinkagram, I reconcile this with Tondy's recounting her 8 specials at level 8 with Archons just being used to not counting the standard ones they get for free at level 1.

So a lvl 1 Archon would have Flying, Shockmancy 1 and Thinkamancy 1 and lvl 2 would have that plus one random pick out of the specials a lvl 3 that plus another pick etc.

PS: The level is editable it's a number input field, I don't know if my css makes it super clear.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:41 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    Fun! Nice work

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:10 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    Your math is slightly off. According to the update, Tondelayo had the following specials at level 8:

Dance Fighting 2
    Foolamancy 3
    Leadership 2
    Dollamancy 1

That's a total of 8 points, so most likely Archons already get one random special at level 1. Or they get two specials at a certain level, but that's less likely.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:43 am 
    Morgaln wrote:
    Your math is slightly off. According to the update, Tondelayo had the following specials at level 8:

Dance Fighting 2
    Foolamancy 3
    Leadership 2
    Dollamancy 1

That's a total of 8 points, so most likely Archons already get one random special at level 1. Or they get two specials at a certain level, but that's less likely.

Actually that is a bit of fanon from my side, we've never seen a Archon not do their laser attack or say sorry can't do a thinkagram.

So my fanon is that all Archons pop at level 1 with Shockmancy 1 and Thinkamancy 1 in order to blast and do Thinkagrams and Tondy when talking about her specials is talking about the one she got by levelling up and disregarding those that she shares with every other Archon.

So in my code level 1 is treated differently the Archon allways gets those two plus Flying of course and the random stuff starts appearing from level 2 onwards.

Although like I said this is just the theory I agree with it's not canon.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:34 am 
    Hero of Shadows wrote:
    Morgaln wrote:

Dance Fighting 2
    Foolamancy 3
    Leadership 2
    Dollamancy 1

Actually that is a bit of fanon from my side, we've never seen a Archon not do their laser attack or say sorry can't do a thinkagram.

So my fanon is that all Archons pop at level 1 with Shockmancy 1 and Thinkamancy 1 in order to blast and do Thinkagrams and Tondy when talking about her specials is talking about the one she got by levelling up and disregarding those that she shares with every other Archon.

So in my code level 1 is treated differently the Archon allways gets those two plus Flying of course and the random stuff starts appearing from level 2 onwards.

No, you misunderstand me. Your generator gives the Archons one special at every level starting at level 2, so 7 total at level 8. But when Tondy talks about the specials she got from levelling up, they add up to 8 total at level 8. So even if we assume that Archons get Thinkamancy 1 and Shockamancy 1 for free, they need to get one additional random special at level 1, for a total that equals their level.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:43 am 
    Morgaln wrote:
    Hero of Shadows wrote:
    Morgaln wrote:

Dance Fighting 2
    Foolamancy 3
    Leadership 2
    Dollamancy 1

No, you misunderstand me. Your generator gives the Archons one special at every level starting at level 2, so 7 total at level 8. But when Tondy talks about the specials she got from levelling up, they add up to 8 total at level 8. So even if we assume that Archons get Thinkamancy 1 and Shockamancy 1 for free, they need to get one additional random special at level 1, for a total that equals their level.

You're right I'm off by one.

PS: Fixed code and it's up online.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:35 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Awesome. Have some schmuckers. I'm actually working on some code and I'll post it the link here when it's done. Nothing fancy, just a little picture generator :) . Maybe I finally finish it if I publicly commit myself here.

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:51 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    youngstormlord wrote:
    Awesome. Have some schmuckers. I'm actually working on some code and I'll post it the link here when it's done. Nothing fancy, just a little picture generator :) . Maybe I finally finish it if I publicly commit myself here.

It took one and a half weekends (mostly spent messing around in paint.net and making pictures. I coded 2 hours at most) but, at long last, it is finally done. It is version 1.0.0.0 You can download it from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5X34I ... sp=sharing

Just unzip it to make it work.

Submission post here: http://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/56450 ... -generator
    ps I would like to join forces with you. With my picture generator and your stats generator, we would create archons worthy of Charlescomm. Heck, maybe even Rob puts them as part of Erfworld.com features. What do you say?

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Multimedia