Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Fiction, Poetry, and Other Writing

Post subject: 2:30 - A one off rant
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:14 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
So last Friday I was at the ORS (an (un)employment agency), and they decide to schedule my next appointment for 2:30 on a friday two weeks from now, I end up saying "Speaking of Two:Thirty, I've got to see a dentist". After an awkward pause where I make sure that there was a pun that got understoud I'm then like, "No really, I'm in serious pain and need to see a dentist".
Spoiler: show
So I then spend the next 20 minutes wandering Burwood, asking if anyone knows where I can find a dentist, and a taylor... (had to go to a friend of a friend's birthday party on Sunday dressed up as a fictional character... little did I know that it was on Friday so the time spent looking for a Taylor was a complete waste... it had been suggested earlier that I try and go as "Homer Simpson... with hair", but where on Earth am I going to get a white shirt?

Eventually, without a means to transform a coat as red as Lloyd Irving (The two-sworded guy from Erf Symphonia, I then opt to go for John Steed (From The Avengers)... although you know your choice of cosplay is obscure if the only person you know that's heard of the guy is your Ancient History Teacher.

Long story short I get to the Dentist at 11 AM. They ask if I want to book an appointment. The receptionist says that they've got two bookings available. One at 11 AM saturday, the other on Two:Thirty PM on Friday.

I groan and facepalm.

By this point I am attended by a couple professionals besides the receptionist. They ask if my dental pain is "that bad" and in need of urgent attention.

I groan out (in distress) "No... it's the pun. The pun... the prophecy has been fulfilled...". I then recount everything but the bit about looking for a taylor. Everyone laughs except the receptionist.

The Dentist says ".... Yeah, there's reason we always leave 2:30 for emergencies.". However the receptionist is still puzzled. The Dentist then proceeds to explain the joke and the reference: "The joke is what time do you see a dentist? Two-Thirty. It's funny because it sounds like 'Tooth-Hurty' ".
Then the receptionist laughs. And they all live happily ever after. THE END

(If I didn't end it there this story would be less about me groaning at a pun and more about me throwing up at a party after drinking too much pizza....)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:05 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Just for the record, since this is a one off thing, this also counts as the "Comment/Reaction" thread.
    Otherwise this rant'll never get bumped.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Fiction, Poetry, and Other Writing