Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: The Toolshed
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:02 am 
Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star
Hopefully by now you've all noticed The Toolshed! I won't re-introduce it here, (Rob is better at that sort of thing) but I thought a forum thread for discussion and feedback would be useful.

If you do run into any bugs or issues, please use the Contact Us form, or even chase me down in the IRC channel.

Otherwise, let us know what you think!

Recent Changes
5 Jun 2015: Credit card info on subscription profile. Credit card can be updated.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: The Toolshed
     Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:20 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Ohh well, I had just renewed for another year a few days ago... never mind, I will upgrade my subscription to Warlord...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:01 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Can you clarify whether paypal will regards this as a personal or a commercial transaction? I'm based in the UK and I think from the Paypal info here that a commercial transaction would incur a 1% fee + $0.30 fixed fee where a personal one would just be a 1% fee. Would be great if you guys know!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:04 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Just became a Tool for the first time.

Browsing through the Toolbox I realized I'd missed the Sylvia pinup somehow, so that was nice to find!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:51 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    How about a little coloured bar like the one on top of http://roll20.net/ page, here?

I think it would be a non-intrusive way to heighten awareness to the need to donate, that is very hidden at the moment.

- the bar could go from 0$ to 2500$,
    - on mouse-over a "Learn More" text could appear,
    - If under 500$ the filled part could be colored red,
    - if between 500 and 1000$ the filled part could be colored yellow,
    - If between 1000 and 1500$, green
    - If between 1500 and 2000$, ????
    - If over 2000$, a rainbow multicolored nyan cat gif :D

A design choice to make later would be "is it visible even for non-logged in people?", I think it should be

Cheers!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: What am I
     Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:02 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool
    How can I find out what my status really is ? Am I a stabber, a warlord, a titan, what ?
    Shouldn't that be easily seen ?

1hen2ducks

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: What am I
     Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:40 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Your status is whatever you decided to pledge, it's no secret. You had to select a level on the form when you pledged.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:58 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    And if you somehow forget then you can just click the Toolbox in the menu, and then 'Subscription' in the sub-menu. That's also where one can manage one's Toolshed profile/subscription.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:08 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user is a member of Team Erfworld Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    1hen2ducks wrote:
    How can I find out what my status really is ? Am I a stabber, a warlord, a titan, what ?
    Shouldn't that be easily seen ?

1hen2ducks

In the "About the Toolshed" page, you'll see a small text line underneath the number of readers and total pledge amount that says how much you are pledging. It doesn't say the level though.

readers are pledging
    $343.50
    per On-Time Update
    You are currently pledging $0.50. Thank you!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:53 am 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star
    Some reasonable feedback. We'll probably be displaying your level on your profile page before long. Also we'll have a link to your subscription profile, which Knott helpfully pointed out exists, but it could use better exposure.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:02 am 
    That's a good idea WurmD. Based on your feedback and our own musings, we'll have something on the top of every page, some time tonight actually.

Also, hopefully you won't mind that I merged your topic into the main discussion thread, where it's likely to get more notice. Also this topic could use more love.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:01 am 
    And the fancy tab is now live at the top of (almost*) every page! No nyan-cats, sorry WurmD, and not a progress bar, but this should draw some attention without being entirely distracting. We'll probably be working up something for the milestone progress on the sidebar eventually, though.

*Known issue: it's not showing on the store.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:02 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    XD!!

For a quick fix, it looks good enough :) (larger and more intrusive than what I suggested tho ;))

Now, here in the forums it's not showing properly, the yellow tab doesn't show, only the text does

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:20 am 
    The tab should style properly after a refresh, I'm not sure why. It'll probably need that once per subdomain (www, archives, forums, wiki, login).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Is there a plan for Erfworld to have any other payment options then PayPal?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:37 am 
    BrimStone wrote:
    Is there a plan for Erfworld to have any other payment options then PayPal?

There is! Stripe integration for credit card payments is in our short term plans.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Stupid Idea
     Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:02 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Ruler of Erfworld
    Here is a Stupid Idea. I don't care much about Erf motion comic or game, that much. They are more nice to haves, than necessary.

What would be really nice, that months during which the support is 2500$, ALL visitors have see no adds. Seriously, they are super distracting and I skim them soo often. Maybe even give access to HiRes archives.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:09 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Hi, Red. Question about the toolbox subscription level ticker at the top of the page.

The current value per pledge is 463.10. Where's the .10 come from? If all pledge levels are at increments of .50 or $1, how do we get to a .10? Wondering if the calculation for the pledge levels is off somehow.

Thanks,

-Lawence

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:23 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I believe that while the pledge reward levels are at set levels, when you pledge you can technically manually set whatever value you wish. So presumably, a sadistic somebody out there wanted to drive the OCD people like me insane, but pledging 10 cents above the norm for their level. That would be my guess.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:49 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    You can manually adjust your pledge-level upwards. Based on the discussion within the announcement, my guess is that those 10 cents were added to offset the differance in postage for domestic and international postcards.

Hopefully it will help 0beron and others with OCD to know that the anomaly comes from alturism rather than sadism.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld