Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Re: The Toolshed
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:09 am 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
WooT! We're past the middle of the month (after removing unbillables?) and we're still over the mark :D!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:26 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Year of the Dwagon Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So, as a knight, I'm supposed to have access to Art blog, which was free until now, but here I see a new post "Ace of clubs" and it says, I need to spend 50 shmuckers to unlock it;
    I feel kind of cheated, is that intended to be so? I would understand the possibility to unlock some features unavailable for lower toolshed levels with shmuckers, but when I'm supposed to have access to sth and then I'm asked to pay additionally for it, it doesn't feel right to me :(

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:10 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Dusso wrote:
    So, as a knight, I'm supposed to have access to Art blog, which was free until now, but here I see a new post "Ace of clubs" and it says, I need to spend 50 shmuckers to unlock it;
    I feel kind of cheated, is that intended to be so? I would understand the possibility to unlock some features unavailable for lower toolshed levels with shmuckers, but when I'm supposed to have access to sth and then I'm asked to pay additionally for it, it doesn't feel right to me :(

I'm having the same issue. It's probably just a hiccup with the site redesign.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:24 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    It's not a hiccup. That's the way it's supposed to work. Here's why. If we gave everyone access to all art blog content as soon as they signed up, you could easily imagine some people signing up once a year, paying a dollar, and canceling. In order to keep people from gaming the system that way (would fans of Parson Gotti do that?), then only content which gets posted while you are an active subscriber at the appropriate level is accessible to you.

I get the point about "being asked to pay additionally" for content. And we did not want to shake down our new subscribers for extra money. We only wanted to keep people from short-circuiting the subscriber system. Our compromise was that content from when you were not subscribing is unlockable with Shmuckers only (this option is only available to active supporters at that level). That way, you will gradually accumulate enough Shmuckers to unlock the things you've missed, without having to throw money on top of your pledge.

Of course, you can still earn Shmuckers via tips and buy them in the store, so if you can't wait to see the older content that is locked to you, you have a few get-it-sooner options.

Hope that helps clear things up, and sorry for any confusion. I have also made the explanation of the Art Blog benefit more explicit about this point on the sign-up page.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:52 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I assumed it worked that way, but now that I have my first Shmuckers, I seem to have the opposite problem. The link to unlock the art blog posts doesn't seem to actually do anything.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:52 pm 
    Pardon me for asking, but where do i go to unlock the art blog?

Thanks.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:25 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    mcrupp2017 wrote:
    Pardon me for asking, but where do i go to unlock the art blog?

Thanks.

check your subscription, you may be only a level 1 and not have access to the art blog. to check your subscription go to your name in the upper right corner of the page, then from the drop down menu that appears select subscription. you may be in the same boat as me (being level 1 and paying for level 2), if you are update your pledge (click on the [modify] link).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:08 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I can't view the latest page, the image won't load.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:13 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Dewey the Signamancer wrote:
    I can't view the latest page, the image won't load.

Loads fine here. The URL indicates that it is the hires version.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:03 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    How does one go about unlocking previous Art Blog content?

I'm logged in, I've got plenty of schmuckers, I'm the correct tool level, but if I click on an older art post I always get redirected to the Xin wants you to be a tool page.

"but I have to wonder how much anyone here really knows about their own world. What he told me sounds like a lot of crap about the four basic elements that people believed for centuries just because Aristotle said it." - Parson

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:53 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    mbellish wrote:
    How does one go about unlocking previous Art Blog content?

I'm logged in, I've got plenty of schmuckers, I'm the correct tool level, but if I click on an older art post I always get redirected to the Xin wants you to be a tool page.

From the main page, on the Art Blog filter, all older art blogs have a little grey box that offers to unlock it. It costs S50 per post:
    However, I haven't verified that the confirmation actually works, so my apologies if that was your question.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:39 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Nion wrote:
    I assumed it worked that way, but now that I have my first Shmuckers, I seem to have the opposite problem. The link to unlock the art blog posts doesn't seem to actually do anything.

I'm having the same problem. I can't view the art even though it was posted long after I became a Tool again and I can't unlock it either. It just sends me to Xin's "join the toolshed" page.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:39 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Do I need a Paypay account to actually spend money on the Toolshed? When I signed up, I thought I was covered by Mastercard, but I don't seem to be getting any schmuckers, despite how we just got two on-time updates..... Also it seems that I need a Paypal account for everything else on the store, so I am a wee-bit puzzled how I was able to register for the Toolshed without a Paypal account.

Or do the last two updates don't actually count as "On Time"?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:43 am 
    Looking at my PayPal history, the charges are in bulk, not per update. So every month or so, you should see the charges from the previous month, and the schmuckers at that time. I've been receiving them on the 14th, next charge is scheduled for October 14th; this may vary for other Tools.

Check the status of your subscription, including charge date and pending pledges here: https://login.erfworld.com/subscription_profile

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:03 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Shiny Red Star Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hey, thanks Jaxad0127, you're right on the money there.

The Toolshed bills everyone on the 14th for any outstanding pledges, which is generally the pledges since the last billing date. Shmuckers are awarded when billing completes successfully.

(If billing fails, the payment is retried on the 16th, 19th, and 23rd, and then the pledges carry over to the next month.)

The Toolshed is independent of the store, so we were able to have Stripe implemented from nearly the beginning to process credit cards. We have long term plans to handle credit cards on the store as well, but not until we can upgrade from X-Cart 4 to X-Cart 5.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld