Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:51 pm 
I've made a quiick search and didn't found anything on this topic, so sorry if it's been discussed earlier.

I cant decide if Parson is actually comportable with beeing in Erfworld, I know there were times he wasn't, so, in those times, why didn't he asked Wanda or Maggie, or even Bogroll for that matter if there was a way to get back to his own world?

At least I don't remember reading anything about that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:56 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Yahoo Messenger: frankrazorclaw
    As much as he might not like being in Erfworld, the brief period we observe him as being on earth, he's clearly not happy there either. Perhaps he's chosen what he believes the lesser of two evils.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:16 pm 
    Asking or even choosing to return would probably run counter to loyalty: he can't choose to abandon his post. Surely the spell sees to that. If you're of the school that all of Stanley's specific requests to Wanda during the casting of the SPW spell actually affected the selection of Parson, then we know that he does want to be there, that he's not a "morale case."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:00 pm 
    Why would he possibly want to return? Aside from his gaming group we don't even know if he has family who would miss him.

This is certainly a harsher world he has found himself in, but it's way more interesting. He's in a position of power, his natural skills are able to be used. He's faced with ideas and ideals he never would have considered outside of pen and paper.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:14 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    DevilDan wrote:
    Asking or even choosing to return would probably run counter to loyalty: he can't choose to abandon his post.

Also, that means that Maggie would be unable to help him return, even if she wanted to or he could order her to. Wanda is not technically loyal to Stanley, but she seems to find Parson useful, which means that she would have no interest in doing so (and that he couldn't order her to do so even if he worked up the nerve).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:18 pm 
    I think Parson's finding his Erfworld much more interesting than he expected.
    And there's the loyalty spell.
    And if he goes back, he goes to work at Kinko's.
    And he's made friends here, whom he won't be able to help if he goes back.

Pretty safe saying he won't go back of his own doing anytime soon.

Even tough, i think he should have at least asked... "Do i return home if i get disbanded ?" or "Is there a spell to un-summon the perfect warlord ?". The spell is the most likely one to exist, but it'd require talking to the magic kingdom and Stanley caring. And spending schmuckers on it.

Or even "Is there a spell to summon more stuff from my world... like, you know, my lightsaber replica, or my toolbox ?"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld