Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Where is Jillian Going?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:20 am 
Offline
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:54 pm
Posts: 31
My theory:

Jillian is going to make a stab for Gobwin Knob. Her mission will be to capture Parson, and do serious damage to the capital, thereby distracting Ansom from the front lines. She's roughly in striking distance of GK, and seems to have the only flying units that can stand up to Dwagons.

_________________
"Those who live in fear deserve what they get." -Ivan Moldavi
Marooner | Banjoist | Mapamancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:39 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:44 pm
    Posts: 1185
    Somehow, I think that Charlie's strategies are likely to be far more convoluted. GK has a fair complement of air defenses at this point, what with the multiple archons and the addition of at least a couple of dwagons per turn.

    And how does that strategy tie in with the missing gobwins?

    _________________
    They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:51 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:03 pm
    Posts: 81
    Location: DE
    Ferrous wrote:
    My theory:
    Jillian is going to make a stab for Gobwin Knob. Her mission will be to capture Parson,
    and do serious damage to the capital, thereby distracting Ansom from the front lines.

    I guess she is going for the dwagon-express, trying to capture Ansom.

    If Stanley is calling Ansom back to GK each turn, Charlie might be able to find a nice spot for an ambush,
    and Jillian would have to deal with only one dwagon+rider.

    _________________
    -HaJo

    You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
    One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:42 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:27 pm
    Posts: 165
    Jill could attack Gobwin Knob with aid from Charlie's Archons...

    But there's now a full dwagon compliment at the Knob. Not to mention all manners of decrypted archers, hobgobwins, decrypted archons, and whatever spells two casters can muster, along with the arkanehammer. and it's defenses are the best on the world. Stanley is a Tool, but a paranoid tool, i bet he planed for protecting the capital, without even needing Parson remind him of it.

    Whatever Jill's out to do, it'll likely be very dangerous. Perhaps she's going to aid the Jetstones escape if Charlie predicted the situation is booped.

    Ansom's a good strategist in general, more than likely he has very good reasons to think he can boop Jetstone in one strike.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:33 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:25 pm
    Posts: 274
    Jillian has repeatedly made it clear she wants to croak Stanley. The choice of fast long range flying mounts is would be an obvious one.

    Many other things can be done with fast long range mounts but there is no reason to believe Jillian is not maintaining her objective.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:33 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:18 pm
    Posts: 121
    Or maybe she intends to set up a giant gwiffon-express? Depending on the size of the megalogwiffs, she could bring respectable numbers of units to any city in the RCC... This would probably be more Charlie's idea than anything else.

    But I gotta say, trying to stop the dwagon express seems the most likely. With Parson somewhat 'out of it' (i.e. not caring as much as he used to) I don't think anyone in GK will be able to foresee/stop an attack on the dwagon-express.

    -C

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:56 pm
    Posts: 72
    Location: Manchester, UK
    Personaly i think she's going to take advantage of the chaos on the front line to try to croak Wanda. Stanley is far too heavily defended to even think about at attempt on his life. Unless the plan was to draw him out some how in which case i dont think her forces could handle him anyway.

    _________________
    My life for Jetstone!
    Her vorpal blade went snicker-snack! as she croaked every dwagon in the stack.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:11 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:12 am
    Posts: 159
    Stanley is not as heavily defended as people assume, pretty much all of thier forces were being gathered up for Ansom's decapitation of Jetstone attack.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:24 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 pm
    Posts: 378
    Decorus wrote:
    Stanley is not as heavily defended as people assume, pretty much all of thier forces were being gathered up for Ansom's decapitation of Jetstone attack.


    Uh... No!

    Look, Stanley might not be the best brain out there, but Ansom (whom he listens to) and Parson (who has a 50/50 chance) both realize the importance of capital defense. And Stanley also likes knowing he's well defended, so its easy to convince him to keep a significant defensive force at the capital.

    The first panel shows at least 5 Dwagons and we know a good number of Archons are also hanging out at any given time (only four went with the initial strike force), so a majority are probably hanging out around GK. And those are just the big guns. When you have an army in the thousands, I'd assume there are several hundred would be defending GK.

    Concentrating forces doesn't mean ALL, just all that can be reasonably spared and of use.

    _________________
    "Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

    "Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:56 am 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm
    Posts: 1219
    hajo wrote:
    Ferrous wrote:
    My theory:
    Jillian is going to make a stab for Gobwin Knob. Her mission will be to capture Parson,
    and do serious damage to the capital, thereby distracting Ansom from the front lines.

    I guess she is going for the dwagon-express, trying to capture Ansom.

    If Stanley is calling Ansom back to GK each turn, Charlie might be able to find a nice spot for an ambush,
    and Jillian would have to deal with only one dwagon+rider.


    MM, me too. If I were Jillian, I'd be hitting the supply lines before anything else. Hit a superior force where they are weakest. Since we really don't have supply trains in Erfworld. This would be hitting reinforcements, or the dragon express. If they aren't hitting the dragon express, then Jillian is probably hitting one of Stanley's newly re-conquered cities that has been stripped down to a picket force. If she is hitting GK directly, it will be a hit-and-run strike with a very specific objective. Of course, we are probably meant to assume that Jillian is heading to reinforce Jetstone, so there is always a chance she is going there as well.

    Quote:
    Jillian has repeatedly made it clear she wants to croak Stanley. The choice of fast long range flying mounts is would be an obvious one.

    Many other things can be done with fast long range mounts but there is no reason to believe Jillian is not maintaining her objective.


    Yes, and Don, and Charley as well I'm sure, have both made clear to her that going in boldly is NOT a winning strategy. Don't attack the enemy where they are strong. Jillian has shown that she is capable of listening to advice, so I think she'll do what is more likely to succeed in the long run, not what she feels like doing. So I disagree, I believe we have every reason to believe that Jillian is maintaining her objective. She's just taking a longer view. She took this job because she wanted to win, not just strike back blindly.

    _________________
    Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 am 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:42 pm
    Posts: 142
    Lord Kasavin wrote:
    The first panel shows at least 5 Dwagons


    A close examination of the first panel's art in the Toolbox reveals at least 8 dwagons: two reds, two blues, two pinks, one yellow (Banana!), and one of a dark indeterminable color (maybe purple?). :D

    I have little doubt that Stanley could rock out with KISS on dwagonback whenever needed. No doubt the other dwagons, archons, twolls, hobgobwins, decrypted, Master-class Dirtamancer, Thinkamancer, and garrisoned Warlord could mop up the leftovers.

    Jillian is *not* going to GK, at least not with any prayer of success.

    _________________
    What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

    Yeah..

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:20 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 pm
    Posts: 378
    Infidel wrote:
    MM, me too. If I were Jillian, I'd be hitting the supply lines before anything else. Hit a superior force where they are weakest. Since we really don't have supply trains in Erfworld. This would be hitting reinforcements, or the dragon express. If they aren't hitting the dragon express, then Jillian is probably hitting one of Stanley's newly re-conquered cities that has been stripped down to a picket force. If she is hitting GK directly, it will be a hit-and-run strike with a very specific objective. Of course, we are probably meant to assume that Jillian is heading to reinforce Jetstone, so there is always a chance she is going there as well.


    Hmmm... where they're weakest... It definitely isn't Ansom and Wanda's Expeditionary Force. GK might be weaker for a pure air force to attack (which could ignore some of the defenses), but probably not so weak as to be actually vulnerable (from what we know right now). I don't see "hit and run" working on GK. It might croack a few units before retreating, but then the full fury of GK's formidable Airforce would know and you can expect heavy retaliation. I agree, the minor cities are the most vulnerable. Jillian could go in, kill the decrypted defense force, sack the city, and head for the hills to eventually repeat the process elsewhere. This would sap GK's resources by destroying troops and denying income. Also, I'd guess many of these cities would be one and the same with the Dwagon Express.

    However, there's not a lot of drama in such missions. Reinforcing Jetsone would put her right at the heart of the action. Attacking GK would to, but I doubt thats her goal right now.

    _________________
    "Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

    "Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:21 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 pm
    Posts: 210
    jabbersocky wrote:
    Personaly i think she's going to take advantage of the chaos on the front line to try to croak Wanda. Stanley is far too heavily defended to even think about at attempt on his life. Unless the plan was to draw him out some how in which case i dont think her forces could handle him anyway.


    Jillian might confront Wanda, but I highly doubt she would try to croak Wanda.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:37 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:27 pm
    Posts: 165
    Much of Jillian's loving of Wanda was due to the fact she believed her to be under a loyalty spell, wich she proved not to be.

    Wanda tried to kill her and acted in very evil ways towards her, that she can now explain as mere evil and not as Stanley's doing.

    Wanda turned Ansom into a war-puppet, and she knows all too well how Jillian will react to it.

    Why would Jillian *NOT* try croak Wanda ?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:35 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 pm
    Posts: 210
    Roketter wrote:
    Much of Jillian's loving of Wanda was due to the fact she believed her to be under a loyalty spell, wich she proved not to be.

    Wanda tried to kill her and acted in very evil ways towards her, that she can now explain as mere evil and not as Stanley's doing.

    Wanda turned Ansom into a war-puppet, and she knows all too well how Jillian will react to it.

    Why would Jillian *NOT* try croak Wanda ?


    Wanda went out of her way NOT to kill Jillian. In fact Wanda defies duty to protect Jillian. Duty would have required Wanda to kill Jillian since she was going after Stanley. But the Archon with besides Jillian gets wacked and Jillian is untouched. JIllian is going to be very mad at Wanda, but croaking her? There is still much to large of a bond between the two, even if it is strained. Remember the tile of this book. "Love is a Battlefield". What's going on between Wanda and Jillian is going to be one of the battles.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:39 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:18 am
    Posts: 7
    I can't help but think that isn't some convoluted plan of Charlie's that might even intentionally backfire on Jillian.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:18 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:12 am
    Posts: 159
    GK is much easier to raid and kill Stanley then trying to take out Wanda in the midst of her Ansom lead decrypted Army. It serves both Charlie and Jillians needs if it works.
    GK is not as heavily defended against an Aerial attack then it is against a ground attack especially considering only aerial units can enter the lava hexes.
    Ansom's plan to take Jetstone and decapitate the Royal Coalition 2 requires most of GK's forces to win, thats part of the reason why they stopped attacking.
    Its all about the proper application of force.

    This is why its more likely they are going after Stanley then Wanda.
    1. Jillian wants to croak Stanley
    2. Charlie wants Parson
    3. Charlie wants to prove the Tool's Titan mandate to be false.
    4. Jillian wants Wanda and Jack on her side again.
    5. Attacking Wanda to croak her might result in killing Ansom.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:54 pm 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:42 pm
    Posts: 142
    Decorus wrote:
    GK is much easier to raid and kill Stanley then trying to take out Wanda in the midst of her Ansom lead decrypted Army. It serves both Charlie and Jillians needs if it works.
    GK is not as heavily defended against an Aerial attack then it is against a ground attack especially considering only aerial units can enter the lava hexes.
    Ansom's plan to take Jetstone and decapitate the Royal Coalition 2 requires most of GK's forces to win, thats part of the reason why they stopped attacking.
    Its all about the proper application of force.

    This is why its more likely they are going after Stanley then Wanda.
    1. Jillian wants to croak Stanley
    2. Charlie wants Parson
    3. Charlie wants to prove the Tool's Titan mandate to be false.
    4. Jillian wants Wanda and Jack on her side again.
    5. Attacking Wanda to croak her might result in killing Ansom.


    You're overlooking a couple of things here:

    1. Stanley + KISS on dwagonback is very effective against air units. Stanley + three knights + a couple dozen dwagons did battle with Caesar Borgata + 10 TV warlords + Jillian & her birds + "a flippin' ton of bats", and only lost two KISS and about 2/3 of their dwagons. The new Tower Efdup also undoubtedly has substantial anti-air defenses. Just because GK's capital can wreak utter havoc on ground forces doesn't mean it can't handle air, too.

    2. Update 49 implied that Jillian was about to do something that Vinny wouldn't like. What wouldn't Vinny like about killing Stanley? It's more likely that Jillian is off to re-croak or capture Ansom (whom Vinny was friends with), or do something against TV's interests (whom Vinny is still loyal to). Whatever this particular mission is, it is HIGHLY unlikely that it would intentionally involve direct combat with Stanley himself.

    _________________
    What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

    Yeah..

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:29 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:57 pm
    Posts: 467
    If they wouldn't have left Vinnie behind, I'd say they're gonna attack the other cities of GK. A city like Warchalking very likely has not many defenders that could make a stand against Jillian and her troops. She could sack these towns, fill her treasure, empty GK's and cut GK off from new troops.

    _________________
    I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

    Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:25 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:27 pm
    Posts: 165
    The main reason i think Jillian's not going to attack Stanley is...

    To do that, the only win factor in the equation would be to have the aid of hundreds of Charle's Archons. Her few megalowiffs, powerfull as they are, won't change the outcome for real.

    But...

    If Charlie could take Gobwin Knob with his archon force...

    ... he would have already done it, by himself, have Parson, croak stanley, and mine all the gems.

    Alternatively, they could be about to direct a specific attack on Gobwin Knob under Charlie's orders and hope to retreat inmediately after they get what they want... something quick.. like kidnaping Parson ! :D

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Kaed and 2 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: