Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: My theory on Stanley
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:18 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
I believe that Stanley is going to live, rule the side to success and be in charge at the end of the arc when Parson gets to go home. I admit that Tramennis makes sense too, and that Stanley and T are not the only choices, but this is my belief. Here is my reasoning:

1.) Stanley is the only ruler we have seen that has begun to take an interest in his underlings, like Zhopa. He has also been respecting certain opinions of those below him, possibly as a result of understanding that success can come from the bottom of the barrel. He seems willing to do what is necessary to keep his side alive, and has pretty much been willing to sacrifice his pride in the name of victory. A good Ruler tries to understand and trust their underlings, and this is what Stanley does.
a.) Jillian, in her time as Queen, and in everything else really, shows no deference to anyone. She does what she darn-well pleases. This is not a person to rule the world safely.
b.) Wanda shows religious zeal and no regard at all for anything but the prophecy of attuning to an Arkentool for a huge chunk of time. She does not care about Life, and is willing to use it and abuse it to meet the end of uniting the Arkentools. This is not a person to rule the world safely. (She does listen to others, like Parson and Jack, on very select matters but she nearly worships Parson, so duh)
c.) Don King does not seem to have a very successful future, and with Caesar as a successor, there is simply too much aggression in TV's future if he takes over. Don does not listen to his underlings and hasn't the respect for Life in lesser units. Caesar has too much temper to rule properly, and Don cares about his friends and such to the point of debilitating his own side and running from the conflict (Seriously, with TV at Jetstone, with most of its warlords and bats alone, they could have probably been vastly more significant that FAQ. Especially if Caesar was there with the Dollamancer and his dolls... That is a LOT of power on TV's side, but he just sponsored Jillian instead).
d.) Slately (as if this is not self-explanatory) allowed his vengefulness and Royal pride drive him into a war over a couple of cities. He has paid no attention to the son building alliances and has loaded praise and honor on the warriors. Not a person to rule the world.
e.) Olive betrayed EVERYONE. Terrible ruler.
f.) Banhammer was so concerned with staying hidden and peaceful that he refused to listen to his daughter/CW (translation: head of security) about everything to do with Haffaton and Olive, even with good reasons to and the testimony of someone who had worked directly for her. Not meant to rule the world.
g.) Charlie. does not want to rule the world, though by reputation alone, he does control most of it. There is a difference... a kind of distatorial difference. (He does trust his Archons in the field in general, but every dictator has a secret police.)

That kinda leaves Stanley, who has at least been TRYING to trust his underling and learn about them and such.

Plus his Signamancy, while getting no taller (yet) seems to be getting less childlike over the books. He is growing as a character and I think that he is going to grow into a proper ruler.

C: Starting a theory from the point of view that characters have given false information (knowingly or unknowingly) is not a valid way to build an argument.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: My theory on Stanley
     Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:34 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I'm not sure Parson will ever get to go home, but I do agree that many if not most of the current rulership is going to probably bite it.

Tramennis is a fop, but pragmatic enough to likely stay alive for the foreseeable future. Though he is pretty Royalist, even if not as belligerently so as Ansom. He's also way too keen and curious for Charlie to play him like he did Slately.

Don is a sad case, pre volcano uncroaking he had the best organizational structure of all existing sides. Going Royalist again has definetly put him off his game and in a dangerous position, no thanks to Jillian.

I've been thinking this for a while: if she'd been a clever type, she'd have made the cluster-boop of betrayed allies in the battle for Spacerock work to her advantage. As is, she's completely alienated every ally she had for the luvz... and unnecessarily to boot. She could have handily captured Ansom AND helped croak/capture Wanda. (Actually, if Jill had captured Wanda and given Tramennis the Arkenpliers, that'd have been it for that threat, and she keeps BOTH loves).

Charlie is, sooner rather than later, in for a date with Fate.

And the sequel: Dance Across the Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

Try it on? The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jillian knows too much about fate to take away the arkenpliars

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:52 am 
    She could take the Arkenhammer. Guess what my theory is on Stanly?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:15 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    As a rule, I don't play guessing games, but I would love to hear it.

C: Starting a theory from the point of view that characters have given false information (knowingly or unknowingly) is not a valid way to build an argument.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:39 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    spriteless wrote:
    She could take the Arkenhammer. Guess what my theory is on Stanly?

I personally think this, or something related to Jillian vs Stanley with the 'hammer, has been hinted at from Book 0 Pt 2.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she finds about about Wanda being FAQ's doom during a fight with Stanley, which changes her...motivations.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:50 am 
    CarniDollMancer wrote:
    As a rule, I don't play guessing games, but I would love to hear it.

He's bringing Jillian the Arkenhammer.

Mind you, that theory has a lot of room for different possibilities. Does she croak him, or capture him to take the hammer? Does he capture her again? Does she attune at once, or can only one person attune to the tool at a time? Just about the only thing that my theory rules out is that Jillian's fate with the Arkenhammer is broke and Stanley is the worse fate created to punish Charlie, until that is proved I will keep-on-believing. (boom a chacka boom a boom a) I've-got-a-feeling her fate with Wanda isn't broke even if her tool fate is.

Wow... maybe I shouldn't post while sleep derprived. Seems to be nice polite nonsense, at least.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:26 pm 
    Do we have any evidence as of yet that a tool can change owners?

The only thing that was even close was the shoes, and they disappeared with their owner. It's entirely possible that a tool is only intended for a single user.

I'm still hedging on Stanley's fate. I love the little guy and hope the best for him. But I agree he's about to go toe to toe with Jillian and I've no idea what the outcome will be.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:37 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Dish has had at least 2 owners.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:41 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Was the last one attuned?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 am 
    drachefly wrote:
    Was the last one attuned?

Book 0. p66:
    Quote:
    “These were two powerful, strongly allied sides ruled by casters named Bell and Blair. They were sisters, from a distant tribe of green-complexioned men. But more remarkable than their odd Signamancy, each was in possession of an Arkentool. And each was attuned.”

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:19 am 
    Huh, interesting. Missed that part.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld