Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Aquatic Antics
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:16 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary
Lacking a better title for my query, that'll have to do. Sorry. :(

To get right to it, though, what do all of you think of an underwater side, mer/fishpeople or somesuch? Too cliché? Implausible? Invisible enemy of every seafarer? :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Aquatic Antics
     Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:02 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I don't think its that implausible. I mean, some of the Civilization games actually allowed you to build underwater cities. (Mind, it was so far in the future that unless you desperately needed to escape an irreprably irradiated surface it was just a pointless diversion).

Mechanically, it all depends on IF the Titans thought to designate underwater (and for that matter, underground) areas as city sites. If they did, then you'd need a side with Water Capable units or allies so you could actually inhabit the city in any meaningful sense. While normally I couldn't see a side like FAQ or Jetstone being able to take advantage of this mechanic... maybe, if the tendency of coastal cities to pop Seafarer units carries over to other specials. Like underwater cities popping Water capable warlords (or for that matter underground cities popping warlords with the Digging special ;) ) it might be doable. You could transition into a side that's an underwater power.

If none of that applied, I imagine that a hypothetical race of Mermaid/Merman Natural Allies (which there has got to be, it's just too iconic) could make little non-city villages or "camps" underwater. Hmm. I suppose a Dirtamancer with a SCUBA like magic item could probably build some kind of fortification or dwelling down there.

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed!

Unjust Deserts -- Updated July 23!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Aquatic Antics
     Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:25 am 
    Book 4: Over Nine Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

Or

How Caster "Nemo" Rockwell Escaped the Destruction of His Home Continent in a Submersible Turnamancy/Dirtamancy Artifact

by Rob Verne, illustrated by Jules Hahn

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld