Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:04 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
ok but how are cloth golems decrypted golems?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:19 pm 
    Lamech wrote:
    Beginning of book 2. We see cloth golems.

Where?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:24 pm 
    oh I see it when ansom is talking to ossomer and tremmanis, but I hasten to remind you that those were all veiled dwagons. they were not real cloth golems. they were dwagons under a veil

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:35 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Lamech wrote:
    Beginning of book 2. We see cloth golems.

Just had a look through the first dozen pages of book 2, didn't see any - where did I miss them?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:45 pm 
    when ansom is talking and it does a close up of his head you can see a giraffe behind him but it is a veiled dwagons lamech made a lol mistake

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:23 pm 
    Well there are Decrypted Tchokes in http://www.erfworld.com/2009/09/summer-updates-033/ so golems can probably be decrypted too.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:02 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    conmor wrote:
    when ansom is talking and it does a close up of his head you can see a giraffe behind him but it is a veiled dwagons lamech made a lol mistake

Nope http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -10-31.jpg Panel 7 and panel 10.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:46 pm 
    i dont remember the tchokes having any similarities to cloth golems other than being mindless and being lead by webinar with cloth golems in his stack of heavies. the cloth golems you saw, they are in the jetstone style so it is not likely they traded for them or made them. so i cant really argue with you on that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:06 am 
    conmor wrote:
    i dont remember the tchokes having any similarities to cloth golems other than being mindless and being lead by webinar with cloth golems in his stack of heavies. the cloth golems you saw, they are in the jetstone style so it is not likely they traded for them or made them. so i cant really argue with you on that.

Tchotchkes are units created by Dollamancy like Cloth Golems, Dolls, Molls and Scarecrows.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:25 am 
    where does it say that?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:30 am 
    conmor wrote:
    where does it say that?

You know you could go and check the wiki.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/LIAB_Text_30
    Quote:
    He turned and walked back to the table. "I've served under four Chief Warlords now. The first two had me making Cloth Golems and Tchotchkes under Holly Shortcake's designs, and the rest of my juice goes for raiment.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I suppose it makes sense in a way. Croakamancy is Motion and Matter, and normal Uncroaked are fundamentally the same as Golems (Wanda applies Motion in the right places to mimic what the body would have done while alive) so with the 'Pliers expanding her abilities to unit types that didn't used to be uncroakable, Golems seem like an understandable target.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:57 am 
    A follow-on from a post in the "Ways to beat Hippiemancy" thread...

There's talk there about this post in which Olive Branch seems to turn a tree into a Tannenbaum. Personally, I think it's left ambiguous, and my interpretation was that the Tannenbaum was using some sort of "Natural Stealth" ability in the forest hex before it captured Jillian and Crapsack, and that Olive Branch merely woke it up.

However, others have at least suggested, and the story does too, that Olive outright turned the tree into a Tannenbaum. Now, you might see a tree as a Terrain Feature, a Resource, or a Living Thing - which makes this comparable to Dirtamancy, Dollamancy or Croakamancy, respectively - but either way if Olive did transform the tree, then it strikes me as very similar to creating a Golem. She transformed a situationally-available resource into a non-speaking combat-capable unit.

So the question becomes - did Olive create a Tannenbaum using nothing but Juice? Does this mean Hippiemancy can create its own Golems? And, if so, what are the implications?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:42 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Selexor wrote:
    So the question becomes - did Olive create a Tannenbaum using nothing but Juice? Does this mean Hippiemancy can create its own Golems? And, if so, what are the implications?

Olive also got those Peashooters, which seemed to be golems as well. As for implications.... I don't really think there are any, other than Hippiemancy can create golems.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:23 pm 
    We're sorta having the same discussion on two threads, so for the discussion about Hippiemancy's specific powers, here.

As for the implications, well, what it boils down to for me is that if Hippiemancy can create its own units, those units would be alive. Hippiemancy is all about life, right? So... would these units require rations? Upkeep? Would they decay over time like Uncroaked? Would they be limited to Forest hexes, or ones that have Gardens? A Tannenbaum snared Jillian - is that a special ability, and if so, what other specials would these units potentially have?

For the record, I still don't think that unit creation is something Hippiemancy is really capable of, but it's a fun thought for discussion and this seems to be the thread for it!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:45 pm 
    Selexor wrote:
    We're sorta having the same discussion on two threads, so for the discussion about Hippiemancy's specific powers, here.

As for the implications, well, what it boils down to for me is that if Hippiemancy can create its own units, those units would be alive. Hippiemancy is all about life, right? So... would these units require rations? Upkeep? Would they decay over time like Uncroaked? Would they be limited to Forest hexes, or ones that have Gardens? A Tannenbaum snared Jillian - is that a special ability, and if so, what other specials would these units potentially have?

For the record, I still don't think that unit creation is something Hippiemancy is really capable of, but it's a fun thought for discussion and this seems to be the thread for it!

Stepping aside from your weird disbelief in something that the comic specifically said happened...

I think it's pretty clear that the Flower-Power units at least should have Life. That said, they may not need Rations as most units do, since normal plants don't need them either. (And, in case the argument is made that wild plants don't need rations because they're wild, wild 'animal' units do need rations/upkeep taken care of.)

I doubt they decay like Uncroaked. After all, uncroaked decay because that's what zombies do in pop culture.

I don't think the Tannenbaum snaring Jillian was so much a special ability as a function of its size and shape. And, while its size may be linked to a special (like Heavy) I don't think the Tannenbaum was doing anything more than what any unit with very long arms might do...wrap them around another unit without touching her.

As for limited to hex-type...that's hard to say. Some may actively have no move, leaving them rooted to the ground. So, in that sense sure. But, it seems clear-ish Tannenbaums can move. (I think the comic said they were used in the attack on Goodminton, but that may have just been my assumption applied Jillian finding them there.) And, the Tannenbaum in Goodminton didn't seem to be in either a Forest or Garden. So, the answer might be that it depends on the Floral Unit.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:52 pm 
    Well, not to drag the conversation across two threads, but again, I don't really believe we have seen it happen, but we can continue that discussion on the other thread. ;)

Florist Golems certainly do raise a few ideas, though. You'd have to wonder if they could have some sort of natural stealth ability in a Forest Hex or similar, blending in with other plants. I'm reminded of Parson's Staff Meeting and his thoughts on creating a "Stealth Golem". Could be lots of ideas, if it turns out Florists can do it. Very interesting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:28 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Personally I think Golem is just one possible name for the broader category of "Magical Units". Many disciplines "create" units by combining Juice and some sort of Resource;
    • Dollamancy: Craftable Materials
    • Dirtamancy: Terrain
    • Dittomancy: an Original
    • Flower Power: Plants
    • Croakamancy: Corpses
    • Hat Magic: Craftable Materials
    So far as we've seen, all of these Magical Units could very well operate under the same rules. Juts because only a few of them get named Golem doesn't mean they're necessarily different from the others.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:28 am 
    Godzfirefly wrote:
    (like Heavy)

Heavy is not a special

0beron wrote:
    Personally I think Golem is just one possible name for the broader category of "Magical Units". Many disciplines "create" units by combining Juice and some sort of Resource;
    • Dollamancy: Craftable Materials
    • Dirtamancy: Terrain
    • Dittomancy: an Original
    • Flower Power: Plants
    • Croakamancy: Corpses
    • Hat Magic: Craftable Materials
    So far as we've seen, all of these Magical Units could very well operate under the same rules. Juts because only a few of them get named Golem doesn't mean they're necessarily different from the others.

In the wiki they are under animated or magical units.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:33 am 
    You're going to very quickly learn that the wiki is a very bad thing. It is largely neglected, except by people who are wrong. So a lot of "forum myths" get added as fact there, and never corrected. So someone could very well have said on the wiki that they're something, but the story itself has never told us. I'm merely speculating.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld