Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:22 am 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
The title says it all. Pick a discipline, make up some magic words, and tell us what the spell does.

A couple ground rules.

Don't argue with someone that their spell should be a different discipline, or that it is too powerful. It doesn't matter. This is just a fun game to spitball ideas for powers, puns, and references.

One spell at a time. It'll be cleaner.

I'll go first.

Caster: Hat Magician
Words: "Jay Garrick"
Effect: Modifies a regular helmet into a winged one, which doubles the wearer's move.

GO!

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:04 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Romero!

Croakamancy. Creates barbarian undead with no upkeep and zero move that autoattack all living units, including their creator. Useful for creating hazards that harm any unit that enters the hex.

*Blast From The Past - Multi-part series currently on Part 9! Last updated on Nov. 26th.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:43 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Omnimancer wrote:
    Romero!

Croakamancy. Creates barbarian undead with no upkeep and zero move that autoattack all living units, including their creator. Useful for creating hazards that harm any unit that enters the hex.

I'd love to see a Zombie Hex. Like a Storm Hex, but with zombies.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:04 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Caster: Thinkamancer (maybe Hippy or Date-a-mancer)
    Words: Romeo and Juliet
    Effect: Makes two units become instantly infatuated with each other (not love).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:20 pm 
    I like Hat Magic.

Caster: Hat Magician
    Magic Words: "Sakata" (Harold Sakata being the actor who played Oddjob in Goldfinger)
    Effect: Turns the caster's hat into a deadly throwing projectile.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:22 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lipkin wrote:
    Omnimancer wrote:
    Romero!

Now if this count as a natural hazard as in it's a zombie hex in the same way a storm hex is a storm hex... imagine the horribles traps a dirtamancer could set using that terrain's features.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:23 pm 
    ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    Omnimancer wrote:
    Romero!

Now if this count as a natural hazard as in it's a zombie hex in the same way a storm hex is a storm hex... imagine the horribles traps a dirtamancer could set using that terrain's features.

The undead! Rising from the Erf!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:43 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So we all agree that Romero is the best spell so far.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:57 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Ponzi!

Moneymancy. A very risky seldom cast spell. It produces a large and valuable gem out of nothing, but has a chance of backfiring and wiping out most or all of a side's treasury, costing far more than the gem. Inability to pay can trigger mass disbandings across the side and even raze cities until the debt is paid.

Some cash strapped rulers resort to a ponzi scheme, casting the spell repeatedly to keep their side afloat, which may work for several turns, but inevitably leads to financial ruin and destruction of the side if kept up.

*Blast From The Past - Multi-part series currently on Part 9! Last updated on Nov. 26th.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:46 pm 
    Super Lotto

Foolamancy. Creates a giant, blinding power ball that can only be seen by targeted units.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:03 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Signamancy
    Libra
    Gives a detailed analysis of the stats of the targeted unit.

Signamancy
    Only You
    Creates a sign that keeps the targeted area from burning.

Signamancy
    Hell No, We Won't Go!
    This produces an enchanted battle standard. Enemy units exposed to it lose moral and effectiveness. Some even suddenly turn barbarian. Even worse it can cause cities to lose production, or produce disloyal or ineffective units.

Signamancy
    Oxford
    This spell enchants a book, usually listing tactics, advice and general wisdom. Carrying the book will allow the unit to train even while partying. Particularly studious units can even gain new specials.

Signamancy
    Kim
    This enchantment keeps the signamancy of decay and misuse away. There are countless uses, most notably the maintenance of temporary improvements that casters can make.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:52 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lamech wrote:
    Signamancy
    Hell No, We Won't Go!
    This produces an enchanted battle standard. Enemy units exposed to it lose moral and effectiveness. Some even suddenly turn barbarian. Even worse it can cause cities to lose production, or produce disloyal or ineffective units.

I'd like to read the story of a side started by such barbarians or by a disloyal/ ineffective heir produced due to this standard.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:04 am 
    Shockmancy

"A Shock through the Heart" (bad pun intended)

Either Incapacitates a unit, or removes incapacitation status from a unit that is incapacitated.

Also removes any infatuation effects the unit is under (thinkamancy suggestion that the unit is in love, some datamancy spell, whatever)

(it gives love a bad name) :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld