Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:11 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
I was kinda curious if anyone recalls/knows the rough time period when the Book 3 kickstarter is going to begin? I thought it was going to earlier this year, but either I misremembered or Rob changed his plans. I'd really like to participate in it. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I don't remember an exact day for it to start, but I think it was this month...?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:15 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    He mentioned somewhere (in a comment on FB I believe) that they were actually aiming for Friday March 7th.... :( There was some high level reward though that they were trying to finalize and he said that could hold them up. So at this point I'm basically expecting it to appear any minute *refreshes my email page furiously*

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:36 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    *imagines a bunch of erfworld fans standing outside Rob's door with comical large moneybags, asking when they can come in and throw them*

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:56 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    A draft of it went up today, so provided nothing changes significantly, we should see the fully funded project by midnight EST tonight.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:20 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Wait, where?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:25 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    You can only reach it by following a link, which Rob posted to the Facebook page. It's not visible in searches or anything until he actually pushes it to live, at which point I'm assuming there'd be a news post and an update on all previous Kickstarters which notifies previous backers.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:26 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Yyyeeesssssss...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:21 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Quick Mathamancy:
    They would need to earn $97,000 from 1,294 purchases of the $75 reward to fund to book 3 as a full color comic like the others.
    Year of the Dwagon earned $84,981 from 1,148 people, averaging approximately $74.03 per person.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:59 am 
    Shai_hulud wrote:
    Quick Mathamancy:
    They would need to earn $97,000 from 1,294 purchases of the $75 reward to fund to book 3 as a full color comic like the others.
    Year of the Dwagon earned $84,981 from 1,148 people, averaging approximately $74.03 per person.

Eh, I'd rather have the text with 2 pics and Arthur Chu's excellent commentary, anyway.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:16 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... raw-book-3

Looks like it went live, since there are already backers and an amount pledged. Some pretty sweet compensations at the upper levels.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:11 pm 
    WOO!!!! I'll be adding my contrabution later today. Right now I have to flee for my life.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:35 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Back'd!

Used to donate yearly to the Toolbox, but last year had to cancel due to financial difficulties, mainly having graduated college and not having a job. This year I was going to redonate to toolbox, but then decided to do my FIRST EVER KICKSTARTER DONATION!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:36 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I like text updates and I love Inner Piece Through Superior Firepower in ways I cannot possibly describe. Book 0 is surely my favorite of all three books, but at the same time I am horrified by the thought of Book 3 not being done in comic form. If a story is started in comic form it really should be finished in comic form, but that is trivial compared to the real issue: the reason Book 3 would not be in comic form would be because Erfworld wasn't popular enough. I'd have a hard time reading a prose Book 3 without being continuously reminded of the indelible shame it would represent on the history of Erfworld. I'm going to be on the edge of my seat watching this kickstarter. I just wish the stretch goals were in a different order. I think Arthur Chu is great, but when I contribute to this kickstarter I'm going to be hoping so hard that my money goes toward comic pages rather than videos and voice acting. (Though eventually I expect to see a television or movie adaptation.)

The thought that I might be denied Book 3 because Erfworld isn't popular enough is frightening. The only possible reason that could happen is because of lack of awareness. Erfworld is surely the best webcomic there is, but how is the average webcomic reader supposed to realize that? Where are Erfworld's honors and praises on the web? What can we do to spread knowledge of Erfworld? There's only so many people I can personally talk to. If more people knew about Erfworld then I'm sure sales of the books would make kickstarters unnecessary.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:26 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Given that it has been up for a few hours, and is already at around 50%... I don't think that's going to be a big issue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:02 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
    Given that it has been up for a few hours, and is already at around 50%... I don't think that's going to be a big issue.

It's reached 50% of the minimum goal, which would be solely printing book 2. Need $67,000 to get Text Book 3, and $97,000 to get Comic book 3.

But, it's still impressive that so much has been raised before the kickstarter has even formally launched.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:06 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So 50% is about 25% of the max needed. It has to hit a little under* 200% to be 100% funded.

*derp i fail maths

-The Song of Maybe

Last edited by Shai hulud on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:15 pm 
    Hmm. Even though I am not overseas, I think I might pick up the Arkendish pack, just to see if there are any new profiles in book 2... and some wallpapers would be a nice bonus. Also, I imagine more of the money will go to the Titans if there is not any shipping.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:40 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Actually, getting to the stated goal will allow Book 3, but only as text. The 67,000 stretch would get us updates similar to the epilogues, while the 97,000 would get the same kind of mixture we came to know as Book 2.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:01 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    aww, no novella version. Unless that's what "illustrated" means, only with pictures. God would I love to read all the Books as books someday. Still happy to see that it's over halfway to Book 2 already!

In for Arkendish level anyways. Can't lug books around, and I can give eBook 1 to my sister and get her hooked muahahahaha :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld