Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:01 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
List them in a hobby store for double the price.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:29 pm 
    Sign and gift a few to Patrick Rothfuss' Worldbuilders charity. They have a book lottery where everyone donating gets a chance to win books from the lottery. Build awareness for erfworld, and do good at the same time.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:23 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    bldysabba wrote:
    Sign and gift a few to Patrick Rothfuss' Worldbuilders charity. They have a book lottery where everyone donating gets a chance to win books from the lottery. Build awareness for erfworld, and do good at the same time.

That's something to do with *good* copies, not defective ones. Don't give out defective copies to people who don't already know Erfworld and deliberately want defective copies.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:01 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Just one page duplicated? Bah. Obviously you don't want to put them in the store cheap- people WOULD buy them instead of the proper copy (I mean, one page? You can put up looking at the website version of the comic for one page). But keep them around. Use them as prizes, at cons and stuff. And when the full version is sold out, you could make some of the defective ones available if you didn't think there was enough demand to reprint.

Here was I thinking "unsellable" meant there was accidentally something really gross in there which could not be allowed to see the light of day on an Erfworld page lest it end up on Fox as "Erfworld proves that webcomic creators are Nazi sympathisers" or something like that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:57 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Arky wrote:
    Just one page duplicated? Bah. Obviously you don't want to put them in the store cheap- people WOULD buy them instead of the proper copy (I mean, one page? You can put up looking at the website version of the comic for one page). But keep them around. Use them as prizes, at cons and stuff. And when the full version is sold out, you could make some of the defective ones available if you didn't think there was enough demand to reprint.

Here was I thinking "unsellable" meant there was accidentally something really gross in there which could not be allowed to see the light of day on an Erfworld page lest it end up on Fox as "Erfworld proves that webcomic creators are Nazi sympathisers" or something like that.

Me too, that's not exactly what I would consider un-sellable but I do understand why he wouldn't want to charge full price for missprints to customers and why he wouldn't want to sell them cheaper because nobody would buy the correct version. Essentially its a catch 22.

If its just a 1 page duplication, I'd offer them as bonus copies to anyone already buying a copy of the book. Have a bunch of stickers made up saying "OPPS - we misprinted these so we're giving them away as bonus copies for you to give away to a friend", and apply 1 to each misprints cover to avoid confusion. Then buyers who buy 1 will essentially get a second for free allowing them to give a copy away to someone else, perhaps getting a new erfworld follower out of the process. The buyers can also choose which copy they want to keep for themselves, for people like me I wouldn't care about a duplicated page, but others might. The cost of shipping 2 copies vs 1 really shouldn't be that different anyways so I wouldn't expect the cost of doing this to go up much aside from the sticker production.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld