Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:25 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
I'll admit the Bioshock thing would be cool, but kinda heavy handed. Plus the appearance would be kinda hard to fit into erfdom as iconic as the Big Daddies are.

Still fishing for a Doctor Who reference myself. Unless there's already been one and I just read right over it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:41 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    I might do a bioshock themed side if I ever get into another forum game.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:47 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    jbevermore wrote:
    I'll admit the Bioshock thing would be cool, but kinda heavy handed. Plus the appearance would be kinda hard to fit into erfdom as iconic as the Big Daddies are.

Still fishing for a Doctor Who reference myself. Unless there's already been one and I just read right over it.

Besides the Dalek crap golem?

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F053.jpg

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:03 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    And Goodminton's crest which is basically saint-dalek. And wasn't there one of the doctor in portal park at some point?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:11 pm 
    Lipkin wrote:
    jbevermore wrote:

Besides the Dalek crap golem?

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F053.jpg

Haha, holy crap (pun intended).

I really did miss that. That's awesome.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:06 pm 
    Tomb Raider would be nice. Just a unit with a couple of guns and a penchant for climbing/spelunking, in a side near some ruins that it searches for treasure regularly. If we see her long enough to get damaged, her signamancy could change to resemble Laura's newest incarnation, too.

If a post in a reaction thread irks you, consider PMs, or the use of a thread in another subforum and invite the poster there. This isn't reddit, but I want to hit the [-] button to skip past all the feels to find crunchy or baseless speculation.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:09 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Sgt. Larvelle Jones, for a sound based foolamancer... too old a reference maybe?

Last edited by ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ on Fri May 09, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:44 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:
    And Goodminton's crest which is basically saint-dalek. And wasn't there one of the doctor in portal park at some point?

If by a Dalek you mean an upside down ( which is to say, inverted) badminton shuttlecock.

And I just skimmed through all the pages with portal park. No Doctor sightings, though I wish it were otherwise.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:28 pm 
    Lipkin wrote:
    ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:

If by a Dalek you mean an upside down ( which is to say, inverted) badminton shuttlecock.

And I just skimmed through all the pages with portal park. No Doctor sightings, though I wish it were otherwise.

Awww... really? I thought their crest could possibly be both at the same time... and...

Double-awww for the absence of the doctor in portal park.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:52 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon!
    Well, Rob stated during the recent Kickstarter that if he commented on Doctor Who, it would take the form of an unpopular opinion puffin, so I don't think he's much of a fan. He may include references just because it's part of popular culture, but there are probably a lot of things higher on his list. Still, if the right opportunity arose....

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:32 am 
    Mrtyuh wrote:
    Well, Rob stated during the recent Kickstarter that if he commented on Doctor Who, it would take the form of an unpopular opinion puffin, so I don't think he's much of a fan. He may include references just because it's part of popular culture, but there are probably a lot of things higher on his list. Still, if the right opportunity arose....

Now I'm wondering if the Dalek included among the crap was more of a commentary than easter egg. Makes me wonder about his feelings about Sluggy Freelance.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:22 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Lipkin wrote:
    Mrtyuh wrote:

Now I'm wondering if the Dalek included among the crap was more of a commentary than easter egg. Makes me wonder about his feelings about Sluggy Freelance.

May have been Jamie's influence, rather than Rob's.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:34 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Lipkin wrote:
    Mrtyuh wrote:

Sluggy? I don't see anyone from Sluggy there, but I do see a Schlock (no, not Dr. Schlock, Sgt. Schlock). But he's a shoo-in. The comic has even called him that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 pm 
    drachefly wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    Mrtyuh wrote:

Sluggy? I don't see anyone from Sluggy there, but I do see a Schlock (no, not Dr. Schlock, Sgt. Schlock). But he's a shoo-in. The comic has even called him that.

Brain fart, yeah. Meant Schlock. Not a reader, and both names sound like a pile of goop.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:11 am 
    Would "Vermin Supreme" be a good candidate for a hat magician?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermin_Supreme

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:29 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    How about an overlord named Weber whose side has a Signamancer, and together they have published a number of books, including a history of his side that was supposed to be one book but has become seven volumes and keeps going.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:53 am 
    How about Universe City, or Caster Nation?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:39 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Gaia's Stepladders? Sorry.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld