Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Re: Stupid Caster Tricks
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:19 pm 
Moneymancy & Luckamancy
Buy units with really good rolls for their stats.

Schockamancy & Luckamancy
Create save-or-die spells. And expect really bad rolls.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:18 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool E is for Erfworld Supporter Ruler of Erfworld Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    possible croakamancer powers:

Dead arm - Disables a unit from attacking but not defending (better yet, the arm attacks the owner and must be cut off and replaced by a chainsaw :twisted:)
    DeadAIM - allows long distance communication through undead/decrypted units.
    Dead as the Dodo - possibly require a linkup but croaks all units of a particular non-humanoid race in a hex.
    Dead badger - poison gass trap set by croakamancer. (extra bad when a crap goelm is involved)
    Dead beat - prevent/disable leadership bonuses from a warlord.
    Dead Man Walking - Random chance of the affected unit dying at the beginning of any turn.
    Dead Possum - Fake death - possibly require link with foolamancer possibly something they can only pull on themselves.
    Dead Silence - Complete lack of noise in a hex,
    Kill or be killed - Kill a friendly unit to prevent your own death or simply heal yourself.
    Death Wish - Units attack stats are increased but defense weakened or they die at the end of turn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 pm 
    Proposed powers

Weirdomancy: Create a vehicle, a object with move. So an item, like Ansom's carpet, can act as a mount.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:40 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Effing magic.

Here's another weird trick: Von Neumann Vehicle: an object with Move and Fabrication, so that when it stops, it can create another object with Move and Fabrication.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:02 am 
    Arkendish empowered Thinkamancy + Healomancy + Date-a-mancy = get Wanda and Jillian back together :D
    Hat Magic = Teleportation
    Thinkamancy + Dirtamancy + Hat Magic = Switch two entire hexes.
    Wierdomancy = Messing with Erfworld's "relative" time
    Like making it impossible for two different groups to attack the hex the Wierdomancer is in at the same time.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:41 pm 
    Dollamancy + Shockmancy + Mathamancy = Robots!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:39 pm 
    need a thinkamancer to link and four cant even be done

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:14 pm 
    Ah, oops. I mean Thinkamancy instead of Mathamancy- I had Mathamancy on the brain for some reason.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:34 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    How would robots be different from golems?

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 pm 
    id imagine the robots would be made of metal and thus having a higher defense stat then say flesh or cloth

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:16 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Thunder wrote:
    id imagine the robots would be made of metal and thus having a higher defense stat then say flesh or cloth

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/ ... etal_Golem

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:34 am 
    seems that what i said was corect then no?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 am 
    Well, I pointed out that robots wouldn't be any different from golems, and pointed out a golem that already had the properties that you ascribed to a robot.

(Also, it was made by a Dirtamancer, not any of the previously mentioned casters.)

I thought you were disagreeing with at least one of those; if not, well, then we agree.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:34 am 
    I'd imagine the robots would be functionally identical to Metal Golems, just able to be made without Dirtamancy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:43 pm 
    Yah no i agree with the same as metel golems, seems so far that the only difference is that because they are created with shockamancy they would have some additional offensive abilities.

also they get a bonus special because their robots :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:55 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Some golems seem to have natural shockamancy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:38 pm 
    Ok, new member, and I'm entering this thread as my first official post. Mark it well.

Here's my combo, Think+Dito+Fool.

Foolamancer : Makes images and can provide bonuses from deception. Know tricks include disguise, invisibility, and false objects.

Ditomancer: Can double command and caster bonuses, as well as produce duplicates of missile fire attacks. May be able to duplicate other simple objects.

Now then, this seems an odd combo, but the trick isn't to generalize the use, but focus. Specificly, create a duplicate of your Chief Warlord. Not an illusionary double, a duplicate, useing Ditomancy to copy over the stats to an image created by the Foolamancer, and the image is made solid by the combination focusing mostly on the Dittomancys ability to create coppies of physical objects. So now you have 2 Chief Warlords with all the bonuses therein. Send off the copy with a good sized unit off on a support mission, like say a tunnle attack, while the real CW leads the main forces to attack the walls. With 2 CWs, thier leadership bonus will pump things up drasticly by thier mear presence. Stick both in a stack with a few eliete heavies with them, each CW granting thier unit thier full leadership bonus, plus giving thier copy a leadership bonus, and idealy you'd have the equivilant of a whole unit of CWs lead by two Overlords attacking. If not then it would probably be just Warlords lead by CWs, which is still impressive.

Army inteligence is sadly an oximoron these days. And no General, I did not just call you a cow.

I cut myself shaving with Occam's razor.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:52 pm 
    if what you said works, i think you'd be way better off copying casters, they seem like a much much more powerful unit

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm 
    Thunder wrote:
    if what you said works, i think you'd be way better off copying casters, they seem like a much much more powerful unit

Sounds like an exploit to me.

Dittomancer to dittomancer to dittomancer to dittomancer to ... to dittomancer to C-C-C-C-Combo-breaker!

Infinite decoys! ...but if one of them croaks, then the doppleganger that that dittomancer created will also vanish, and so on and so forth. But hey! It's an absolutely hilarious way to create the appearance of a giant army without the use of a foolamancer!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:35 pm 
    Thunder wrote:

Except casters can't give bonuses to each other, and can only give bonuses to specific compatable units. I suppose if you doubled a dollomancer with clothgolems it would also be strong, but casters aren't as surviable in direct combat. Thats why I recomended the CW trick. You can easily 'pump up the volume' so to speak, getting a lo more bang for your buck, especialy if it's a strong one like Ceaser or a Jetstone Prince, or even a certain hotheaded Queen.

Army inteligence is sadly an oximoron these days. And no General, I did not just call you a cow.

I cut myself shaving with Occam's razor.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld