Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What was announced.
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 am 
User avatar
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Offline
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:16 am
Posts: 72
I'm not disappointed by the switch. Jamie's art was great but it looks like eldonnemar's is quite excellent. I can't wait to see more of the new style.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:47 am 
    User avatar
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:30 am
    Posts: 4
    AOL: sentientcheese
    Location: Maryland
    To Alleviate Fears:

    Having been at the party, i can say with one hundred percent certainty, we are in good hands with our new artist. besides, we all know what she looks like now. she has no choice but to be awesome!

    _________________
    Once is an accident,
    the second time, a mere coincidence
    The third time is enemy action

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:18 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:42 pm
    Posts: 77
    Promising 1st page.

    But I'll withhold judgement until I see Wanda. ;)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:26 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:38 am
    Posts: 830
    gaiaswill wrote:
    Promising 1st page.

    But I'll withhold judgement until I see Wanda. ;)


    I wonder if this was part of the reason for having guest art during the summer, as a sort of audition.

    The example first page seems to have returned to standard Erf proportions. The summer update has the twoll having proportions similar to Earth.

    Also, it is clear that book 2 is starting with some kind of disaster for GK.

    The first panel looks like Stanley is looking at something. I wonder if it is a sneak attack on GK by the RCC, i.e. launch a decapitation strike on GK before they launch one on you.

    Alternatively, he might be looking at lots of injured dwagons, if the RCC attacked the dwagon relay.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:46 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:32 pm
    Posts: 12
    As much as anyone can be saddened by the loss of Jamie, and it is a loss make no bones about it, I'm looking forward to elddonnemar's contributions. You've got 25 issues to prove yourself elddonemears otherwise you're going to have the wolves at the door!

    Anyone else notice Stanley has his guards on the opposite side of the door? Not total trust in Wanda then :D

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:04 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:38 am
    Posts: 830
    Btw, just noticed, the Arkenhammer is not a rendered 3d image in the example page. I guess those models are no longer available.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:11 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:22 pm
    Posts: 189
    raphfrk wrote:
    I wonder if this was part of the reason for having guest art during the summer, as a sort of audition.

    The example first page seems to have returned to standard Erf proportions. The summer update has the twoll having proportions similar to Earth.


    Well, Jamie said that part of going from cartoony to comparatively more realistic art was as a result of him getting more used to the characters. (He said it yesterday at the party, and I read it in the IRC, so before you ask: no, I can't provide a quote.)

    raphfrk wrote:
    Btw, just noticed, the Arkenhammer is not a rendered 3d image in the example page. I guess those models are no longer available.


    Uh, yeah, it is actually, it's just that the picture of the page on paper is low resolution.

    _________________
    If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:47 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 am
    Posts: 666
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    yes and it doesn't have a backlight to add the glitter to it. this whole paper thing is very lowtech.

    _________________
    http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:36 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:27 pm
    Posts: 167
    raphfrk wrote:
    gaiaswill wrote:
    Promising 1st page.

    But I'll withhold judgement until I see Wanda. ;)


    I wonder if this was part of the reason for having guest art during the summer, as a sort of audition.

    The example first page seems to have returned to standard Erf proportions. The summer update has the twoll having proportions similar to Earth.

    Also, it is clear that book 2 is starting with some kind of disaster for GK.

    The first panel looks like Stanley is looking at something. I wonder if it is a sneak attack on GK by the RCC, i.e. launch a decapitation strike on GK before they launch one on you.

    Alternatively, he might be looking at lots of injured dwagons, if the RCC attacked the dwagon relay.


    Stanley's only understanding of human resources is to yell at people until they fix the problem... Likely something's not going acording to plan so he's looking for someone to yell at. Funny tough, if he used his hammer to "Rock out" periodically, he could have all his subordinates with full loyalty instantly. They'd worship him like a god :P

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:47 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:33 am
    Posts: 2
    The character models changing is also a form of natural signamancy. We can determine much of their character from the way they appear.

    The clothes make the Wanda

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:05 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:51 pm
    Posts: 134
    gaiaswill wrote:

    But I'll withhold judgement until I see Wanda. ;)


    you'll get a sketch of her as soon as my parents leave and i upload images from the party :P

    also, thanks to everyone with putting up with my horrible spelling :P i got there rather late and was tweeting as fast as my little fingers can type, but i undoubtably missed something (but its OK now, since the news are up).

    i'll echo the comments on the new art being awesome. i'll post more about this and other things later.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:14 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:06 pm
    Posts: 2
    Although her art is indeed impressive, I really wonder if Xin can keep up with the update schedule. If you look on her dA account, she mentioned that the summer update single panel image she did took her 10 days! On and off, but still even if she tones down the detail I wonder if she can manage 2 a week. Not only that, but this image apparently took her 30 hours of work, and it's not even finished.

    I don't mean to criticize her, because I think she certainly has the talent, but I'd rather not have Erfworld go into the random, maybe once a week, update schedule some other webcomics have.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:16 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 7:28 pm
    Posts: 16
    doran wrote:


    Wowee! I was really quite sorry to hear of Jamie's leaving erfworld, because the art was such a major part of what made book 1 so great (and I do think it is really great - a true classic!)

    But I think that sample shows the new artist is very much up to the task, and I now have the highest hopes for book 2. Thanks for posting!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:17 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Sindae wrote:
    Although her art is indeed impressive, I really wonder if Xin can keep up with the update schedule. If you look on her dA account, she mentioned that the summer update single panel image she did took her 10 days! On and off, but still even if she tones down the detail I wonder if she can manage 2 a week. Not only that, but this image apparently took her 30 hours of work, and it's not even finished.


    People often put more effort into stuff that they do for fun (or for an audition) then in their day-to-day work.
    The pages themselves (based on the single screen shot so far) still look great, but aren't as detailed as the single panel image in general.
    In addition, Rob mentions that between every 25 page issue, they'll switch to text updates, so site content can continue even if the Xin is unavailable.

    Worst case, you're stuck chatting with us in here until the next update. :D

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:45 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:06 pm
    Posts: 2
    MarbitChow wrote:

    People often put more effort into stuff that they do for fun (or for an audition) then in their day-to-day work.
    The pages themselves (based on the single screen shot so far) still look great, but aren't as detailed as the single panel image in general.
    In addition, Rob mentions that between every 25 page issue, they'll switch to text updates, so site content can continue even if the Xin is unavailable.

    Worst case, you're stuck chatting with us in here until the next update. :D


    Oh, it definitely looks great, but for all we know it took her two weeks to draw that. I hope she can do it, and I'm not saying she can't, I'm just worried. Irregular updates can kill a webcomic.

    And given the alternative of talking to you guys, I really hope she can do it. :P

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:51 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:15 am
    Posts: 43
    Is that a fire flower along the wall in the war room? /random

    I hadn't seen this image before. I'm impressed~.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:58 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:27 am
    Posts: 31
    Website: http://theanteheroes.com/
    The art looks good. As artist transitions go, this is definitely one of the smoother ones.

    _________________
    Up the Ante.

    Image
    A webcomic by AstralFire and Domochevsky.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:58 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:56 pm
    Posts: 66
    I think it would be cool if instead of this episodes idea, that we could have one larger panel a day, with a small paragraph or two of text.
    I'd be really interested to see if anyone could that to the book one archive.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: New Artist ...
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:12 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:53 pm
    Posts: 56
    It's probably a good thing, overall, however sad I am to see Jamie depart.

    Rob is right, in that it will change Erfworld significantly. The artist's vision acts as an immediate and very powerful feedback to the writer in a writer/artist combination: the effect ranges from the subtle to the hit-one-over-the-head-with-the-Arkenhammer. And that is even when the artist has no direct script input - a situation I doubt very much will be the case.

    Happiness,
    Roszlishan

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:47 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:30 am
    Posts: 666
    <sigh>

    Until I get used to it any posts from me will refer to the new artist as "not-Jamie" for now..

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: nightseraph, OneHugeTuck and 10 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: