Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: What was announced.
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:42 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 pm
Posts: 378
Thanks to this tweet: http://twitter.com/LadyNerevar,

I guess we know what the big announcement is. Somebody besides Jaime will be doing the art. I can't help but think this is an enormous blow the comic and I have to see if it will recover.

_________________
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:49 pm 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:26 pm
    Posts: 211
    Pessimistic, aren't we? She also mentioned the new artist will be the one who did the excellent Summer Updates 23 fanart.

    Image

    Lady Nerevar's Twitter wrote:
    book 2: october 28th. 2 updates a week till then.

    book 1 print contains 2 eppilogues, 5 new pages, and 1 completely world-changing page about parson in the magic

    _________________
    Image
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
    We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:51 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:17 am
    Posts: 193
    And a big thanks to the Lady.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:53 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:31 pm
    Posts: 151
    Location: Denmark
    I'll admit, I'm somewhat disappointed that Jamie won't be doing the comic anymore -- I loved his illustrations. But eldonnemar is also very skilled, so at least the successor is worthy. Congratulations to her!

    Looking forward to seeing the comic return on the 28th.

    _________________
    --Dan Holm

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:56 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Based on the examples of the artwork in Elddonnemar's gallery, I'd wager that the comic is in good hands.
    The summer updates have proven to me that, while a good artist is certainly a boon, it's the consistent writing that makes Erfworld what it is.

    Jamie has done a fantastic job, but I would only despair if Rob was also announcing his retirement. :D

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:25 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 pm
    Posts: 378
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Based on the examples of the artwork in Elddonnemar's gallery, I'd wager that the comic is in good hands.
    The summer updates have proven to me that, while a good artist is certainly a boon, it's the consistent writing that makes Erfworld what it is.

    Jamie has done a fantastic job, but I would only despair if Rob was also announcing his retirement. :D


    Comics are a product of ART and plot. I'm not saying its a lost cause, but its an enormous hurdle to overcome. Can an American football team overcome the loss of its quarterback? How much does a government change when a President dies or is incapacitated? Neither is completely irrevocable, but very concerning none the less.

    _________________
    "Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

    "Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:36 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:15 am
    Posts: 9
    Lord Kasavin wrote:
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Based on the examples of the artwork in Elddonnemar's gallery, I'd wager that the comic is in good hands.
    The summer updates have proven to me that, while a good artist is certainly a boon, it's the consistent writing that makes Erfworld what it is.

    Jamie has done a fantastic job, but I would only despair if Rob was also announcing his retirement. :D


    Comics are a product of ART and plot. I'm not saying its a lost cause, but its an enormous hurdle to overcome. Can an American football team overcome the loss of its quarterback? How much does a government change when a President dies or is incapacitated? Neither is completely irrevocable, but very concerning none the less.



    Seems a little pessimistic, man. And to match your analogies, a football team can hire a NEW quarterback, and the Vice President becomes Pres--eldonnemar clearly does good enough work to be trusted by both Rob and Jamie.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:50 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 pm
    Posts: 378
    CountCasimir wrote:
    Lord Kasavin wrote:
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Based on the examples of the artwork in Elddonnemar's gallery, I'd wager that the comic is in good hands.
    The summer updates have proven to me that, while a good artist is certainly a boon, it's the consistent writing that makes Erfworld what it is.

    Jamie has done a fantastic job, but I would only despair if Rob was also announcing his retirement. :D


    Comics are a product of ART and plot. I'm not saying its a lost cause, but its an enormous hurdle to overcome. Can an American football team overcome the loss of its quarterback? How much does a government change when a President dies or is incapacitated? Neither is completely irrevocable, but very concerning none the less.



    Seems a little pessimistic, man. And to match your analogies, a football team can hire a NEW quarterback, and the Vice President becomes Pres--eldonnemar clearly does good enough work to be trusted by both Rob and Jamie.


    You clearly are not a Browns fan. If only replacing a quarterback could be done easily and without "hiccup." Yes, political administrations do continue past the top dog, but something of their essential character can change in the transition. For example, had Woodrow Wilson not had a stroke, America would probably have joined the League of Nations. Yes, I'm a pessimist when it comes to big changes. If Rob and Jamie's faith is not misplaced, I'll come around.

    _________________
    "Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

    "Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:54 pm 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:45 pm
    Posts: 16
    Website: http://www.willkinchlea.com/blog
    Location: Toronto, ON
    So I haven't been here since the forum started, but I will say this.

    The big names in comics regularly switch up artists/writers to new combos. Sometimes this tanks the comic, but more often than not, it is just as good (or better). It's a different flavor.

    I've been following the mighty Angry Zen Master for a very long time now. Mr. Noguchi is the reason I started Erfworld lo those many moons ago. But Honestly? I've stayed because Rob's writing is so incapsulating, and I've been very impressed with the summer updates, art or not.

    So I say cheers to Jamie, wherever he may go next, and cheers to Elddonnemar for stepping into a hefty shoe to fill.

    _________________
    +End Transmission+

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:05 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:10 pm
    Posts: 73
    Location: Albuquerque, NM
    The best positive indication I'm looking at is that Eldonnemar is willing to put losts of little details in his picture that add character. This first one we get the Stanley icon on Zhopa's chest and all the other food in the pantry that they didn't take on the picnic. He shows the knife that the food was cut with, and shows that Sizemore and Maggie's interpretation of Stanley's ego mean he would want his logo everywhere, even kitchen tables. I am looking forward to his work.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:51 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 am
    Posts: 666
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    it's worth noting that level of detail is overkill for most comic panels. i'd be willing to say the art will change. couldn't not change really. but that level of detail is unlikely except in full page updates. when you've gotta squeeze two of these things and a life out every week something gets cut. alot of detailled comics are once a week affairs.

    there is alot more characters and species to keep on model in erfworld than your average webcomic.

    i am saddened by jamie leaving. but that zhopa update was by a wide margin the best visual of them all. i'm interested where the potential new art direction is taken.

    _________________
    http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:59 am 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:26 pm
    Posts: 211
    Here is Book 2 Pg 1

    _________________
    Image
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
    We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:07 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 am
    Posts: 666
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    that looks like book 2 art. no words. either way parson upset his toolship again.

    _________________
    http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:38 am 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:03 am
    Posts: 308
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Location: Salisbury, Maryland
    As someone who was at the party, that is indeed the first page of Book 2 minus the text. That or Balder was lying to us. He passed it around for us to see and said it was missing the text.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:50 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 6:04 am
    Posts: 80
    AOL: Arclooper
    moose o death wrote:
    that looks like book 2 art. no words. either way parson upset his toolship again.
    Parson, on the other hand, looks surprisingly unconcerned. Smug, even.

    Boy does this page make me curious now.

    _________________
    and in despair i bowed my head
    "there is no peace on erf," i said
    for fate is strong and mocks the song
    of peace on erf, good will to men

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:51 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:27 pm
    Posts: 166
    Wow love it. The strategy room looks so detailed. If it's the work of the new artist, then the comic's in good hands ^ ^

    I wonder what are they so upset about.. hmm...

    Maggie's in it, so they either got a message from the front or Stanley's just asked Maggie to call PArson, wasting her talents on trivial messages like always :P

    Oooor perhaps It's something Else. Maybe Stanley thinks it's time to do something. Or he wants Parson to explain why haven't the royals surrendered already ? Or Wanda's not sending hat reports anymore so he wants to send Parson to spy on them ? ? ? ? In any case he seems eager to put the blame on others ^ ^

    OR MAYBE PARSON TOOK MAGGIE'S IDEAS AND NOW ONE OF THE ARCHONS IS DEAD!!!!! (EEEEEEK!!!!!!)
    AND HIS TOOLSHIP WANTS TO KNOW WHY PARSON'S DESTROYING HIS UNITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------ :shock: :cry: :x :cry: :shock: ------------------------------------------

    At least Wanda hasn't split into a new side yet, since her decrypted are guarding the door.

    My guess: We'll have to wait for the last updates to have enough info to deduce what's going on. And it could still be something unexpected.


    Last edited by Roketter on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:02 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 am
    Posts: 666
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    comically. after reading so many responses in reactions 44, that hobgobwin in the 4th panel looks like he's amusing himself.

    _________________
    http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:40 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:59 pm
    Posts: 3
    As the person who uploaded/hosted the page... yes. :)

    It is page 1 of book 2 *without the text*. I'm very impressed with the quality of the art, and while Jamie will be missed, Xin is quite excellent. :)

    _________________
    <RobTitan> If I were Parson, I would link a Florist with a Croakamancer just so I could play Plants vs Zombies as a LARP

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:14 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:27 pm
    Posts: 166
    Well it's now on the main page so it's all oficial :P

    The new page leaves me wondering one thing though....

    Why hasn't Stanley been able to tame any Chinese Dwagons ? ? ? :D

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: What was announced.
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:27 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:38 pm
    Posts: 18
    doran wrote:

    I was actually quite worried, as I highly dislike change and have very rarely seen an artist change that I was "happy" with, but if this is indeed an indicator of what is to come then my fears are greatly alleviated.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: