Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:02 pm 
Barbarians appear to be able to take their turn whenever they want their turn to be (since they are not truly part of a Side this would be the only thing that makes sense).

This means that Barbarians could spy on the enemy wherever and whenever you needed them to, so the enemy has to be constantly vigilant about spies except at night when everyone's turn is finished.

In any case, Wanda has to watch out for Barbarians (even if they were just minding their own business getting ready to raid the town that Wanda takes over) spying on her little Decryption operation (whenever their turn really is) and selling that information about the Pliers to the Royals ... and possibly even worse ... to Charlie. Since taking a Town's Garrison will silence that Town's units but not any nearby Barbarians ...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:44 pm 
    Not sure what useful information the barbarians would sell. The unaroyals will certainly notice that their city is gone. Charlie already knows that his archons are fighting with parsons. They also know that the pliers went to gobwin gnob with ansom.

I'm not sure if the turn sequence matters for spying. Information is often useful regardless of the order it comes in. In some cases it would be better to get the information after rather than before an action.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:43 am 
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    i think barbarians take their turns before regular sides. i don't think you get to choose your turn order. for all we know turn order is alphabetical. Barbarians, preceded Gobwin knob, who preceded Rcc.

in the pass, gk had first move and tv had second

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    To see decryption I would guess you need to be in the same hex on Gobwin Knob's turn. And while a barbarian warlord theoretically could hang around in the hex while Wanda decrypts (because warlord led stacks does not have to atack each other) I think Wanda would attack and then decrypt them too.

To see what individual units does in another hex I think would require lookomancy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:12 pm 
    mortissimus wrote:
    To see decryption I would guess you need to be in the same hex on Gobwin Knob's turn. And while a barbarian warlord theoretically could hang around in the hex while Wanda decrypts (because warlord led stacks does not have to atack each other) I think Wanda would attack and then decrypt them too.

To see what individual units does in another hex I think would require lookomancy.

Parson's can't see the hex boundary without his funky glasses, Maggie says she "gain a clearer view of the area within the new hex." So they can see the next hex it is just a little hazy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:04 pm 
    We've always known that hex "walls" aren't opaque. You just don't see as well as much if you're facing towards a hex boundary as opposed to when you're facing towards the middle of your current hex.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld