Erfworld Forums
http://forums.erfworld.com/

Royal Rebels- by nature?
http://forums.erfworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=425
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Wisp Wings [ Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:33 am ]
Post subject:  Royal Rebels- by nature?

I have a speculation: all female royals are rebelious and cast off their rolls as leaders- as a game mechanic.

It may be a bit early to say, with only Jillian and a breaf reference to the deceased princess. What does everyone else think?

Author:  Lemarc [ Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Royal Rebels- by nature?

Well, you're speculating based on one single character we've seen, and a brief mention of a second character who didn't get on with her father, with no mention of her attitude towards royalty. So there's no evidence of it. It would be a very odd, seemingly completely pointless game mechanic. And you'd expect female royal barbarians to be common in that case, which they apparently aren't.

Author:  moose o death [ Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Royal Rebels- by nature?

i think it's more likely at heir stage they behave like a bunch of spoilt teenagers. ansom bahaves like a football jock, jillian just rebels against everything for no real reason, and she doesn't like being controlled either, the two tv heirs sound like they were a pair of hormonal nutcases as well.

all in all modelled on some royals we here in the commonwealth hear about quite a bit....

Author:  Wisp Wings [ Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Royal Rebels- by nature?

Lemarc wrote:
Well, you're speculating based on one single character we've seen, and a brief mention of a second character who didn't get on with her father, with no mention of her attitude towards royalty. So there's no evidence of it. It would be a very odd, seemingly completely pointless game mechanic. And you'd expect female royal barbarians to be common in that case, which they apparently aren't.


I was not referring specificly to barbarians, I was refering to all royals in general.

moose o death wrote:
i think it's more likely at heir stage they behave like a bunch of spoilt teenagers. ansom bahaves like a football jock, jillian just rebels against everything for no real reason, and she doesn't like being controlled either, the two tv heirs sound like they were a pair of hormonal nutcases as well.

all in all modelled on some royals we here in the commonwealth hear about quite a bit....


Now that is probably what is happening. So if a non-overlord royal represents a teen, then the overlord would represent their parents. What about non-royal overlords? Bad kids from across town?

Author:  Lemarc [ Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Royal Rebels- by nature?

Wisp Wings wrote:
Lemarc wrote:
Well, you're speculating based on one single character we've seen, and a brief mention of a second character who didn't get on with her father, with no mention of her attitude towards royalty. So there's no evidence of it. It would be a very odd, seemingly completely pointless game mechanic. And you'd expect female royal barbarians to be common in that case, which they apparently aren't.


I was not referring specificly to barbarians, I was refering to all royals in general.


I'm aware. If you were referring specifically to barbarians, my statement would make no sense. If female royals are naturally rebellious and cast off their roles as leaders, then you would expect many of them - like Jillian - to become barbarians.
Anyway, that's just an aside. We don't have any evidence to support the idea at all - we only have one female royal's personality to look at. We don't have any idea if this unnamed Transylvitan princess disliked her royal position, all we know is that she didn't get on with her father. Even if we assume that she did, that's still just two people, it doesn't mean their entire sex and class shares the same characteristics. Nothing in Ansom's or Don King's interactions with Jillian suggests that her dislike of royalty is an inherent or natural part of her, quite the reverse in fact. And even in the context of a fictional universe, where speculation isn't so reliant on evidence, I can't see any reason why such a game mechanic would exist.

Author:  random guy [ Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Royal Rebels- by nature?

For all we know, Don King's daughter might be unable to get along with him because she flaunts her royalty too much. It's possible she mistreated the warlords and treated them as inferior. Don King said the warlords respected Caesar the way they never respected the pricess, so there may have been a reason they didn't like her.

Author:  DevilDan [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Royal Rebels- by nature?

As I've mentioned before, it was a very lucky thing for Faq that Jill and Banhammer weren't simpatico. It's almost as if she was the best possible heir that could have been popped...

Author:  moose o death [ Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Royal Rebels- by nature?

yep, i think the cities/erfworld has alot of say in these things. banhammer wants a poet as an heir and gets a hotheaded lunatic. faq falls, hotheaded lunatic reclaims it and rebuilds, makes gains to become a strong nation again pops an heir. the city wants a diplomat this time the new heir offs their lord, establishes new trade and diplonatic relations. so on so forth until someone remakes the world .

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC-05:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/