Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:32 am 
I now use it for a whole lot of things.

"Yeah, there were cop cars stacked up floor to ceiling over there. Maybe somebody died."
"All right, guys, let's stack up and head out."
"I've got a pretty big stack waiting for me back at my place, everyone's there."

...Now it no longer looks like a word.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:32 am 
    "The stacked Hooters waitresses approached the table and began to sing in honor of his birthday." Yeah, I can see this catching on!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:51 am 
    If only real warfare had these kinds of concretely represented mechanics. It would make warring a lot easier. "Yeah, we're gonna roll you with max stacks with high-level leadership, you're toast. You absolutely do not have the points to beat us. Just surrender now so there doesn't need to be bloodshed."

I suppose there is such a thing as stack bonuses in this world, or something like it, but it's abstracted into the background.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:07 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    GaryThunder wrote:
    I suppose there is such a thing as stack bonuses in this world, or something like it, but it's abstracted into the background.

Yes. It's called bureaucracy. Units, especially COMBAT units, can only get so big before the chains of command and communication become... difficult. Active combat units need a level of clarity and efficiency in their orders so that they can function effectively.

Single units acting alone receive no bonus. Two units acting in coordination can attack with a force greater than the sum of the parts. You can add units to achieve a greater effect, but ONLY to a certain level before the amount of time and effort it takes to coordinate those units becomes too much and it can't be effectively achieved.

That's pretty booping close to a stack bonus mechanic.

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:31 pm 
    I'll occasionally forget and say "dwagon" or "spidew" instead of the real word when I am talking to friends.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld