Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:26 am 
Has collected at least one unit
If you were a caster attuned to the arkendish, which caster would you like to be? (assuming same powers as Charlie's dish)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:30 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Why would you want to attune to the dish? It apparently changed Charlie from a bold, dynamic Ruler into a shut-in weirdo.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:24 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Caprice wrote:
    Why would you want to attune to the dish? It apparently changed Charlie from a bold, dynamic Ruler into a shut-in weirdo.

Well, because when cold, its the best item for Revenge. "Revenge is a Dish best served Cold." :p

if I could attune something to the dish, it would be a turnamancer, so I can try to turn opposing sides king/queens into my allies, by the "unlimited range" effect of the dish.

It's allies about the hair Contest <- Ongoing until 1st February.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:43 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent
    Since the Arkendish imposed a sort of pacification on Charlie, as well as it's ability to alter Charlie's signamancy when he's on-dish, it seems like a natural match would be a Hippiemancer. If Janis could attune, she could use the dish to impose peace on Erf, her lifelong goal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:34 pm 
    Boringly obvious answer I know, but Thinkamancer of course.

A Thinkamancer would have the greatest insight into what the 'dish is and how it's powers can be used. An attuned Thinkamancer could probably remotely run State 7 links with the GMTTA and some number of casters from several disciplines at once. It might even be possible to link with a Carny without risk of being brainwashed.

Of course, using the 'dish for really OP tricks would probably get one deemed Bad by the GMTTA, but what could they really do about it other than stop cooperating with you? Then you're only back to how the GMTTA would treat basically any other caster with the 'dish, retaining the advantage of all the knowledge about Thinkamancy, which is the primary basis for the 'dish's powers (though I presume it covers Eyemancy).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:15 am 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Shockmancer. Tools seem to provide infinite juice, and Shockmancers can apparently manipulate it, so I could likely make a guild of free casters with unlimited juice. ("Trouble making upkeep? I can cover it; I have a couple Florists with very large gardens. Work for me. You can do whatever you like; honestly I have too many guys already to bother micromanaging. Just make sure it's something constructive.") Anything is possible with that. On top of that, I'd have an army personally loyal to me (if I croak, there's no telling when the next user will attune, or whether they'd be as benevolent or even a caster); and a Shockmancer is presumably no pushover in a fight if anyone decides to pick one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:16 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Twofer wrote:
    Shockmancer. Tools seem to provide infinite juice, and Shockmancers can apparently manipulate it, so I could likely make a guild of free casters with unlimited juice.

From the Big Think updates, it doesn't sound like "recharging" via Shockmancy is possible unless you have a master Thinkamancer's understanding of the nervous system (or whatever the equivalent for juice is).

Anyway, the best thing to attune as is a Predictamancer, because it helps you keep the proper perspective. You can watch whatever channel you want, but the important stuff isn't on any of them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:32 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Vendanna wrote:
    Caprice wrote:

Well, because when cold, its the best item for Revenge. "Revenge is a Dish best served Cold." :p

if I could attune something to the dish, it would be a turnamancer, so I can try to turn opposing sides king/queens into my allies, by the "unlimited range" effect of the dish.

Oh, I thought you wanted to be a turnamancer because you wanted to double your career as a professional plate spinner.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:26 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    A Lookamancer might be able to create a giant network of eyes providing him sight into any area of any hex in Erfworld. The strategic implications are endless.
    You also create a fear state over all of Erfworld as someone could always be watching your every move. Big Brother is watching you. He even knows if you are planning to revolt and how. He will be ready for exactly what you have prepared.

[edit] This is going to be some sweet fan fiction.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:33 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    I think I'd go with Weirdomaner, similar to Carny, but instead of breaking a limitation, modifying the underlying effects the linkup is capable of.

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:58 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Caprice wrote:

We don't know much about how Charlie was before his attunement, and some of what we know comes from Olive's trial, in which she had plenty of incentive to lie. Also, the changes that came from his attunement could have simply been a result of him reshaping his strategy in accordance with the new knowledge and capabilities the Dish provided.

Chiu ChunLing wrote:
    Boringly obvious answer I know, but Thinkamancer of course.

It's quite the gamble. If you couldn't link more casters then any other attuned caster could link, you would lose a lot of linkup potential.

Twofer wrote:
    Shockmancer. Tools seem to provide infinite juice,

I believe Tools don't need nor use juice, not that they supply it.

Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Oh, I thought you wanted to be a turnamancer because you wanted to double your career as a professional plate spinner.

Now you're getting confused with a dittomancer.

Anomynous 167 wrote:

Now you're getting confused with a dittomancer.

As for my answer:
    If the focus is personal power, then I guess weirdomancer would be best. Remember what Charlie did to Lilith? He said he learned a lot about croakamancy from that. What if he did the same to a caster, to learn his discipline? Weirdomancers deal with magic and specials, so it should be easiest to them to do something like that. It will be a hard thing to do to a thinkamancer, but if you manage to buy one and order him not to resist... (an order should at least greatly help you fight against GMs brain wash) Alternatively, I guess doing this while you're a thinkamancer would also work.

But if the goal would be to win Erfworld, I would like to be an attuned date-a-mancer. Data-a-mancers have the best understanding of relationships, which would do wonders with diplomacy. Instead of tricking everyone like Charlie does, I'll win by having friends. I'll know which barbarian casters would be a good fit for my side, and hire them until they'll join me; I could convince sides to hire me as a neutral side for peace negotiations, and be much fairer then Charlie is when I'll be hired as a mercenery. I'll make my neighbors love me, so they won't want to attack me; and manipulate their neighbors so they'll be stuck between two warring sides if they change their mind. A date-a-mancer could also deal well with court intrigue, I could magically force my important units to like each other. I also have some ideas for useful things I could do with linkups (golems that always choose the best combat matchup, accesories that are bound to my side...). After I'll manage to collect a horde of loyal casters with hundreds of useful scrolls, many of them made with linkups, many of them to make golems, I could just conquer the magical kingdom with a direct invasion, and from there, the world.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:01 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    A master Weirdomancer. Anyone could pray to him to be granted whatever powers might be interesting with the only rules being tell people about me and don't be boring. Basically create the Outsider from Dishonored

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Master Dirtamancer linked to the Dish. Thematically, it would, attuned to a dirtamancer, be more like a sensor than a transmitter/receiver.

1. Erf-wide scanning for gems
    2. Allow deeper/faster digging to get up under other sides to sneak their gems. Under bedrock of course.
    3. Scan through erf for locations and stats of buildings, ruins (track when a new thing pops there), units.
    4. Perfect real-time map making, including everything in #3, and allowing for digging towards #1-#2.
    5. Surely some badass golems production.
    6. Pull up cold/hot water springs from below, add to city fortifications (water cannons, scalding water canons, etc that don't require juice because using erf mechanics)
    7. High powered dirtamancy spells/creations/etc. (geography changes?)
    8. Possibly allow for the the sensing and...allowing dirtamancer to bring things into existence (like whats-his-face fixing the well mechanism) that exist only on other worlds.
    9. INcluded with #8...act as a replicator? The dirtamancer can do stuffamancy (bring material into existence) and with Dish connection to other worlds, can bring 'foreign' material into existence. As well as greatly enhance the dirtamancer's ability to conjure stuff.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:21 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I think the big thing the Dish gives is it 'breaks' the rule of 'contact' as you can cast via intermediaries and link at a distance.

As a result casters that need to be in the hex to be useful get an insane boost in power.

Foolamancers could cast veils remotely, Healomancers could heal troops remotely etc. I think the casters that already have their abilities working at multiple hex ranges would get less of a boost i.e. Lookamancers but I imagine they'd still be able to get more range via casting their spells via scouts far outside hexes they could normally reach.

In addition you essentially get another caster i.e. Thinkamancer in the deal.

That being said I think there is a good argument to be made that Charlie is a uniquely powerful tool user because his entire sides structure is based around the Dish powers and a more traditional side for example wouldn't become a telecommunications giant so wouldn't have a lot of the resources Charlie has to throw at schemes.

In addition if a Warlord attuned it may allow them to grant their personal leadership bonus on the fly to stacks and units out in the field while not the best attunement option having a CW or a high level Warlord that is now also a Thinkamancer and can grant big bonuses anywhere on the battlefield would be pretty handy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:57 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    Shockmancer. I'm not sure it'd happen as Twofer thinks, but I think they have the best shot at a non-portal-column infinite juice hack, although I'd expect the Arkenhammer would work better if that was the main goal. I'm also not quite sure a non-Carnymancer can expect quite as much from the Arkendish as we see Charlie using, but I think master Shockmancy has an even chance of matching or even improving on his powered connection.

But the real reason? Extrauniversal snooping on electromagnetism. I'd expect Shockmancy senses to allow thorough understanding of everything electrical, and we've got a TON of directions that could go that would all change the game in Erfworld. Oh, hey, I can shoot lasers out of my fingers now. I'm Magneto, y'all, I can set up electrical currents to make magnetic fields to direct Shockmancy even around miracle poles. Electromagnetic radiation? Try dodging these gamma rays I'm sending at you while you think I'm just pointing my finger. Infrared goggles mean you can't even scout me. Tasers mean you're captured. Railguns, or even simpler applications of magnets, mean you should surrender while you can.

Vendanna has a new fan fiction contest:
    Its allies about the hair Contest, oh my!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:54 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Falcon X wrote:
    A Lookamancer might be able to create a giant network of eyes providing him sight into any area of any hex in Erfworld. The strategic implications are endless.
    You also create a fear state over all of Erfworld as someone could always be watching your every move. Big Brother is watching you. He even knows if you are planning to revolt and how. He will be ready for exactly what you have prepared.

[edit] This is going to be some sweet fan fiction.

Be sure to let us know when it's ready to be read.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld