Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:55 am 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
drachefly wrote:
Uh, you agree with both Lipkin and Mortissimus, so no bet there.

I won't take that bet, but I am 90% confident that Forecastle's learning results in effective improvement in his performance at sea.

Sure, I'd be surprised if that wasn't the way things turned out. But I don't think he'll get a special.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:17 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I'm 75% confident he could, but don't know whether we'll find that out, so I don't know how to structure such a bet.

If he extensively continues training (a week, say), I'm 60% confident that he will gain the seafarer special at his next level (30q max, if we see him level after a week of training and before the end of the story). <- withdrawn

Last edited by drachefly on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    WTH, I'll take both of your bets on a long shot. My 20 q's versus your combined 10 that he gains the seafarer special. This is of course including the possibility that he gets a ruler or CWL manual upgrade. Pretty sure I have the budget to afford that. Too drunk to calculate (might be the reason I'm willing to take the risk) but this thread needs more love and attention.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:12 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    MadZuri wrote:
    WTH, I'll take both of your bets on a long shot. My 20 q's versus your combined 10 that he gains the seafarer special. This is of course including the possibility that he gets a ruler or CWL manual upgrade. Pretty sure I have the budget to afford that. Too drunk to calculate (might be the reason I'm willing to take the risk) but this thread needs more love and attention.

Who are you talking to? mortissimus and Lipkin have both already had their bets taken by CarniDollMancer, and would have been their combined 20 to your 10.

Nakedkali wrote:
    Mortissimus's bet has been taken, so I will take Lipkin's bet. Artemis was pretty determined, but we never saw her get a special. I think it's not possible.

CarniDollMancer took Lipkin's bet as well as Mortissiums's. Also, as Drachefly pointed out, you agree with Mortissiums and Lipkin that he won't get a special.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:51 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
    Who are you talking to? mortissimus and Lipkin have both already had their bets taken by CarniDollMancer, and would have been their combined 20 to your 10.
    Evidently nobody, disregard last post.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:41 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    I will offer 10Q to your 10Q that the way Anchorbar is sinking ships is *not* a seafarer special inversion.
    By a seafarer special inversion I mean some effect that causes non-seafarers to become seafarers and vice versa.

I will offer 10Q to your 20Q that the effect sinking ships is *not* a magical effect that only targets seafarer units.
    Specifically, I mean something like a siren song that controls the minds of units with seafarer, but not those without. Rules exploits would not count, and seafarer unit superstition would not count as I consider these mechanical system effects, not magical effects. Bet is null and void if both parties agree that it's not clear either way.

I will offer 20Q to your 10Q that a Quakken is a giant duck.

Bet is null and void if we don't find out by the end of the current Forecastle story (unlikely as that seems - except the Quakken one).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:47 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I'll bet someone 5 quatloo that the "short" way is either to Tramennis or Stanley (who are both short), and not to Charlie. 'strue there's no direct link to Stanley. but it'd be the least dangerous.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:17 pm 
    So way back in page 32 I made a bet with Likwik (my 15q to his 10q) that the standard 3 way linkups we have have seen so far would be exceeded in some way before book 4.

bet here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2815&start=620#p104453

In the first page of book 3, Issac contributed Lookamancy to a link to create a camera.

from here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6632#p102565

We have proof that Issac was popped a Thinkamancer. That is, for the first time we have seen the contribution of a casters other-than-primary magical discipline. Something some people on the forum have even argued against being possible. I think this counts as "exceeded in some way."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:12 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    bpzinn wrote:
    We have proof that Issac was popped a Thinkamancer. That is, for the first time we have seen the contribution of a casters other-than-primary magical discipline. Something some people on the forum have even argued against being possible. I think this counts as "exceeded in some way."
    Unfortunately you didn't say that when the bet was made. What you said was, "All tricaster linkups thus far have been 3 disciplines, one of which was a thinkamancer holding it together. I bet this will be exceeded in some way before the beginning of book 4." We still haven't seen a tricaster linkup with more than 3 disciplines, so the bet shouldn't be settled. It looks like Parson is going to be doing a lot of experimentation with links in this book, so you might only need patience, but I'm willing to cancel the bet if you regret not mentioning primary disciplines in the wording of the bet.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:37 pm 
    I think I'd like to start a pool. Probably.

I am placing 10q in this pool, and betting that the Tchotchke, or another unit of that specific type, will be croaked/destroyed during its first real* mission.

*for this bet, I'm defining "real" as "potentially dangerous". Spying on Stanley would not be dangerous. Spying on Charlie would. Spying on the Carnymancers would. Do I need to clarify it further? (This is assuming the Tchotchke is to be used for spying, of course)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:00 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Wasn't there a pool about the opening of Book 3?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:49 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    There was, and it resolved. Bladestorm won.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:55 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Even odds on two separate bets, to two separate people. If you take the first, you cannot take the second.

Bet 1: Stanley meets Jillian in combat. 10Q

Bet 2: Stanley is the victor of this meeting. 10Q

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 pm 
    1) By when? End of this book?
    (I agree with you on both, so no bet)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:23 pm 
    bladestorm wrote:
    Even odds on two separate bets, to two separate people. If you take the first, you cannot take the second.

Bet 2: Stanley is the victor of this meeting. 10Q

I will take this bet. My 10Q that if Jillian and Stanley directly meet in combat (meaning the both of them in the same fight, not just their units) this book that Stanley will not be victorious. If they do not meet in combat by the end of the current book the bet will be a draw.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:43 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    I concede my bets to Lipkin and mortissimus. Forecastle will not learn a Seafarer Special.

C: Starting a theory from the point of view that characters have given false information (knowingly or unknowingly) is not a valid way to build an argument.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:31 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    CarniDollMancer wrote:
    I concede my bets to Lipkin and mortissimus. Forecastle will not learn a Seafarer Special.

Woop woop! First won bet!

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:55 am 
    I'll hold off to the end of his story even so. But yeah, seems unlikely.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:14 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I am betting 5 quatloo that Gobwin Knob the city does not get attacked while Stanley is away this Turn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:40 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    bladestorm, I will take that bet. I think GK will be attacked.

Edit: Hold! I did not notice the 'this turn' qualifier. I think Stanley will be gone a few turns, and I would make a 5 quatloo bet on the city getting attacked while he is gone, but I do not want to assume it has to be this turn.

C: Starting a theory from the point of view that characters have given false information (knowingly or unknowingly) is not a valid way to build an argument.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld