Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:17 pm 
Just thought Rob would like to know: in the last two days, I've read through the archives again up to about halfway through the summer updates, and at three different points, AVG (my antivirus program) detected a rogue scanner trying to get into my system. The first two times it happened, the object was listed as "requestavs.com/index.php?06abQDU3QROWBWeprXBg2ZOtLz04Y3Y6L19YcnKgUVwEZclgFn7RftY70Fsli81ZHnM=". The third time, it was "toolaksl.com/index.php?06abQDYyQRKTV2j+rC412satKTBoMCE8dF9bcySuVgkHZ80nTyODftY70FskjcZTGXY=". (Note: had to copy the first one by hand, so it might be a character or two off, but the second should be exact.)

This hasn't occurred on any other site I've tried to visit in the same time period. It's most likely coming from the ads; the same thing used to happen to me occasionally on the Goblins website until Thunt blacklisted the ads that were causing the problem.

Also, hamstard.com no longer appears to be working. Is there any place to see the website (which I always thought was a nice touch to go along with the early Parson strips) aside from Internet archives like the Wayback Machine, or is it down for good?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:35 am 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    ahh avg, I hear good things.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:14 pm 
    shouldn't this be in the 'bugs' section?

(please remember that I am a foreign speaker, and therefore make a lot of spelling & gramatic mistakes, and please don't pin me down on my exact formulation.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:47 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    junovalkyrie wrote:
    Also, hamstard.com no longer appears to be working. Is there any place to see the website (which I always thought was a nice touch to go along with the early Parson strips) aside from Internet archives like the Wayback Machine, or is it down for good?

Miment seems to be making an effort at adding the Hamstard comics to the Wiki; I suppose it could be templated in as Erfworld Book #0 or something. While Hamstard's DB has crashed and burned, the comic images themselves are still accessible via http://hamstard.com/images/cache/.

Perhaps as a deeply random text update, Rob might indicate that Ashna, Takashi, Ross, or Carl still has access by having one of them put it back up; maybe writing an administrative note to update the Hamstard.com website about how they haven't seen him for a while.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld