Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Turning the decrypted
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:17 pm 
Just tought about this...

The Turnamancer can do anything to turn them... why not call a croackamancer ?

I bet the deathmancers have some sort of spell to turn undead units to their own side, shouldn't they ? I mean it's ABC of animator casters, summon, create and control undead.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:13 pm 
    i was also wondering about a healomancer perhaps being able to bring on a complete resurrection and freeing control from wanda

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:23 pm 
    hmm... i don't think so... If healomancers had resurection spells then there wouldn't be such a sense of fatality around croaking. Further, one of the written updates is from the point of view of a healomancer showing that resurection is out of his reach.

Perhaps a tri-caster-link of a healomancer, thinkamancer and a croakmancer could perform it, sort of like a decryption but without all the evilness, mind controlling, propension to being dusted and the side-changing. But ther's no faction we know with all those three, and no one in erfworld likes to get casters into combat.

Also the links are mostly unexplored magic, so it isn't likely to have been done before... and with the juice cost adjusted to a three caster spell, resurrecting or decrypting units would loose it's atractiveness when facing Wanda who can do it for free. They'd be better off using such a link to find ways to kill as many decrypted as posible.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:36 pm 
    A trimancer link of turnamancer / croakamancer / thinkamancer may be required to turn the decrypted. It also might not even be possible - the magic of the 'Pliers is stronger than regular magic, clearly.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:05 pm 
    Roketter wrote:
    hmm... i don't think so... If healomancers had resurection spells then there wouldn't be such a sense of fatality around croaking.

which is ok because wanda already took care of the resurrection part, they just have to fix the brain damage they seem to have undergone during the process

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:14 pm 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    healomancy is also dependent on them being classified as uncroaked in erf terms. we sure they are?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:43 pm 
    Im not sure Wanda's taken care of the resurection part... the units get dusted when they die.

If they had been resurected then they would just croak again like normal units. They've been altered in some fundamental way that makes them share the same fate of uncroaked when they die.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:09 am 
    i didn't think basic uncroaked units turned to dust upon death, only those which were killed by someone wielding the pliers. im pretty sure they fall down dead just like every other unit when killed... or recroaked?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:44 am 
    I don't think there's anything that prevents a resurrection spell. If it existed I would think it's a croakamany/healamancy combination. Probably would require a three-way link, a hell of a lot of juice and have to be done before the unit depops.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld