Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:00 am 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
I'm not going to do the whole "Who's your favorite character" post, as that is not giving this webcomic the credit it deserves. I have read through the entire library in one 24 hour day with only six hours of sleep, I got pulled in so hard. Every character in this series is wonderful and enticing, and I want to see more of them. I want to see their arcs expand and continue.

This is also not a thread asking your opinions on Main Characters, like the Tools, Lord Hamster, Ansom, Jillian, or the other characters being spotlighted this story like Tramennis. There is more than enough discussion on that all over the threads.

I want to know who you want to see more of that is not a Main Character in the series, and why. I'll start.

My desire for seeing more of a character is a tie, really. But slightly edging out on top is Sylvia Lazarus.

Her self composed poem, meant only for herself...is beautiful, disturbing, and enticing all at the same time. She seems to be living inside her head at all times, nearly a complete opposite to most of the other characters in the webcomic and seems to have...a predilection toward our Lord Hamster. It seems like Sylvia has more emotion, more warmth, towards our good Parson than to her recreator Wanda, which seems quite an aberration...The Hippymancy power about Parson, perhaps?

It is my sincere hope that Sylvia survives in this series, so that I can see what happens in her future in terms of relationships with Wanda and Parson. And to crawl inside her head again to see the world as she has seen it since the Volcano eruption. And if you go back through book one, you can see Sylvia, the Redhaired general of the coalition forces.

The second person I wanna see more of, though it kinda breaks my own rules since he's imperative to the current story, is Jack. But not exactly his events, but I wanna see more of his frame of mind. It's like listening to the Riddler as he lines up the world along his own mental axis to form a joke that only he gets...and occasionally a guy who is just as crazy. That skewed logic is as delicious as his wardrobe. And he disguised himself as Kain from FF4, what's not to love!

And yeah, this is my first time posting in the forums. Good to meet'cha!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:08 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I want to see more of the Superfluous Elf warlord from the first book (hopefully he got decrypted). He seemed cool and realistic in the few scenes he was shown. Also, it would be neat to see what he thinks about being allied with hobgobwins (since elf tribes don't ally with sides that are allied with hobgobwins).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:23 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    BakaGrappler wrote:
    And he disguised himself as Kain from FF4, what's not to love!

You mean at the bridge, Book 2, page 4, lower left panel?

I don't know that that's Kain. A FF-style dragoon from an FF other than 9, yes, but Kain hasn't got gray skin, and his armor's aqua, not black and gray.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:32 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Crikey. Looks like someone's gearing up to write slash-fic.

On-topic, well, it's pretty obvious who I'd like to see more of. I'm still convinced that poor Sylvia has a big fat bullseye over her, but hey, actually, that's part of what made the not-yet-character so sympathetic to me since way back in Book 1. She was this nameless warlord in an army that you just knew was going to bite it. The army that unwittingly was pitted against the best Warlord ever, so with no chance of success.

And yet despite that, she somehow managed to evade Dwagons and zombies and 4-chan bombs, falling walls even ... maybe she had a chance of surviving the volcano if only she had researched the wings upgrade or something. In short, she's a perfect woobie; an apparent chew-toy of the Titans, but with enough pluck to challenge the fate that mocks her.

So after that shocking revelation, here's number two. And I'll cheat, and pick a main character: Stanley.

I like Stanley a lot because he's at once comic relief and a tragic figure in the classic sense. Basically, he's a dude of limited resources, plagued by unhealthy ambition, thrust by circumstance into situations that he's not quite fit to manage. I know he's not meant to be too sympathetic, but he is, to me, and I relish any occasion when Stanley shows some character development, while dreading the inevitable pushing of the reset button.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:29 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    I'd agree with Blandcorp about Stanley. I'd love to see more of him and slow but steady character growth, maybe with him eventually realizing how much goes on without his involvement and how even though he is the Overlord of Gobwin Knob he is still in some senses a bit player compared to Parson and Wanda and the rest. He sorta knows that, or at least fears that with Wanda and the pliers, but him coming to terms with it would be interesting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:24 pm 
    Sizemore, no question. Sizemore is the Everyman - good at what he does, doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, hates killing but ultimately does what he's told.
    I want to see Sizemore evolve into the noble hero I think he can become - a moral hero, not a death-dealer, who helps to act as Parson's conscience, maybe discovering that he's not that bad at Hippymancy after all. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:03 pm 
    can i ask for a charitcter playing a role they rarely play, cause then i'd say parson fighting more would be cool cause it might show that he has some skills other than thinking and strategy, and that the fact he would be fighting would let you see some of the combats rather then them take place off camera, but if its just bit characters then I'd say the hobgobwins collectively because they are around and seem to have interesting minds, they each think in a unique way.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:15 pm 
    The dragons.

The Charlie's archons are infatuated with him and Wanda's decrypted seem to love their "mother."

I have wondered how the dragons feel of Stanley. Do they respect him? Do they think of him as one of them? Are they waiting for him to drop the hammer so they can rip him into little pieces?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:56 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Whatever they want to have more of. I trust 'em.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:58 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I just want to see more of the magic kingdom in general. We know something big is going on there, and casters in general are kinda underrepresented in the story so far. We've only really seen a few very particular caster types. Gimme some of that weirdamancy!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:08 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Vinnie.

Call it a hunch, but if Jillian had been more honest with him, TV, herself, and Charlescomm about her motivations for stopping GK (and therefore willing to bring Vinnie along) I'm guessing Vinnie would probably be kicking Wanda's (actual) body to make sure it wasn't foolmancy about now. Yes, he's always a couple seconds too late to really negate the other team's trickery, but it'd probably only take him getting wind of one of Charlescomm's two warnings to figure out how GK might get to ground... before they did.

Of course, the real trick would have been realizing the way to get to ground before Parson got his plan in place. Wonder whether a JS surprise attack could have taken out the yellows before they managed to knock a hole in the roof...

Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:17 pm 
    First Stanley. My favorite character, one of the more three-dimensional ones, and always fun to have around.

Second, Ace Hardware. Him and Parson... scary thought. Parson can already do so much with conventional troops. Imagine what he could do with Ace's gear. Parson's imagination and ingenuity plus Ace's skill and determination is a scary combo.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:43 am 
    I cannot wait for Parson to get to play with Ace and Cubbins. It HAS to happen. Metagaming gear for the warlords on GK's side would force Charlie to play his hand and openly oppose Stanley, even if not as an ally of the Coalition (which seems about to fall anyway.)

Also, since everyone else has a second-favorite, Antium. Maggie explained intuition as Natural Predictamancy. Antium, without knowing what was going on, or even what could happen, sensed the danger in having the infantry massed beneath the dwagons. I want to see him in the field. I want to see Parson recognize his capabilities and utilize them.

Really, to answer this question as I'd like, I'd have to alter it. I don't want to see one character explored. I want to see Parson forming a field-command of Antium, Sylvia, Ace+Cubbins, Jack, Sizemore, and Wanda. Vinny, too, if they can get their hands on him. I think that Side could rule the world.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:37 am 
    I've mentioned it before, but I am fixated on Ossomer. He is the only Decrypted so far whose post-resurrection attitude is something other than mindless adoration of Wanda. I desperately want to know what's going on in his head.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I wonder what Jillian's heir will be like. The old King of Faq wanted a little philosopher king and got a sword-swinging madwoman, so what will Jillian get?

On a related note, a king who trades in the currency of lies (Slately) and another king who has been betrayed by his heirs before (Don) both have had difficulty with who they think will rule their kingdom after they are gone. All of Slately's heirs are gone, even those who appeared to be true and noble royal stock, and Don's Warlords may be plotting rebellion.

When Jillian's heir pops, will it change her view on serving under Wanda? Can she cancel the production of her heir to resume it later (a la Civ 4, where you can cancel something a turn before it is finished and finished it instantly later, should you have some odd reason to do so)

I mostly just want to see how the wild card who doesn't want to be accountable to anyone will react to a unit that may inspire more loyalty from FAQ's units than she does.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld