Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:48 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary
For whatever reason, I came up with the idea that one of the arkentools might be an Arkenstar, as in the eponymous "when you wish upon a star"...but wishamancy isn't one of the disciplines listed, so I started wondering what it might fall under. My best guess is that it's Eyemancy, since it has elements of both looking, thinking, and, if not foolishness, then at least naivete.

What do you guys think?

The Arkenstar would be an OP tool even for an arkentool, since presumably wishes are unbound by disciplines; but at the same time, maybe it would only work for fate-related things, like bringing about changes or specific outcomes in the world as opposed to wishing for a dozen stacks of zero-upkeep dwagons or something.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:50 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    of course, if we introduce wishamancy....then we're going to have to introduce a couple new types of creatures with natural wishamancy--genies and leprechauns :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:31 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Andjay wrote:
    For whatever reason, I came up with the idea that one of the arkentools might be an Arkenstar, as in the eponymous "when you wish upon a star"...but wishamancy isn't one of the disciplines listed, so I started wondering what it might fall under. My best guess is that it's Eyemancy, since it has elements of both looking, thinking, and, if not foolishness, then at least naivete.

What do you guys think?

The Arkenstar would be an OP tool even for an arkentool, since presumably wishes are unbound by disciplines; but at the same time, maybe it would only work for fate-related things, like bringing about changes or specific outcomes in the world as opposed to wishing for a dozen stacks of zero-upkeep dwagons or something.

Wanda is quoted as saying that this world "wished for you (Parson)."

So I'd say it'd be like the spell that brought Parson to Erfworld: Predictamancy, Lookamancy, Findamancy, and Thinkamancy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:56 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Retconjuration. Wishing retconjurs the result into existence, negating the wish being made. People can tell the Arkenstar is an Arkentool, but no ones knows what it does.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:16 pm 
    Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user got funny with a rodent Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    I would figure it depends entirely on what is wished for. You wish for the love of the neighborhood girl, that's Date-a-mancy, You wish for a castle, that's dirtamancy, you want to be able to fly that's wierdomancy, etc.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:29 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Skull the Troll wrote:
    I would figure it depends entirely on what is wished for. You wish for the love of the neighborhood girl, that's Date-a-mancy, You wish for a castle, that's dirtamancy, you want to be able to fly that's wierdomancy, etc.

You could probably reverse and generalize that by saying that the essence of magic is wishing for something. Something about the world is not what I want it to be, so I'll pour my juice into a small part of the world and wish for it to change.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld