Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 pm 
This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
I want to create an audio book version of Erfworld but I know I cant create enough unique voices for all of the characters. And so I turn to the community to help me out with this endeavor. If you would like to play one or more characters please list each of them in a response and include a quick reading of some of there lines to give me an idea what I'd be working with.

Current Casting choices and characters remaining for book 1

Test Pages

Last edited by Cryptomancer on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:44 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Bogroll:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk8yrkdc6ctvl ... 3.m4a?dl=0

Ansom:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qnt0xke74ch9 ... 1.m4a?dl=0

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:30 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I dig it. you managed to capture the voices I have in my head for these two characters. I'll likely be using you for these characters

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:00 pm 
    If you need anyone to do the movie trailer/ring announcer/monster truck rally/voiceover type voice, I'll try to get my hands on a half decent mic.

I could probably do Carnival Barker for JoJo.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:10 pm 
    Bobfromjanitorial wrote:
    If you need anyone to do the movie trailer/ring announcer/monster truck rally/voiceover type voice, I'll try to get my hands on a half decent mic.

I could probably do Carnival Barker for JoJo.

That would work

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:33 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool!
    I'd love to do one, is this an official Erfworld project?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 pm 
    Nope just a fan project i've wanted to work on for a long time

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:23 pm 
    For those of you I chose please start recording lines from the beginning and I'll make a folder to post them to. For those of you who are interested there are still plenty of roles left to fill

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool!
    Who would you want a deep male voice for with a slight lisp (from getting my teeth rearranged in combat sports as a younger man)?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:33 pm 
    DunkelMentat wrote:
    Who would you want a deep male voice for with a slight lisp (from getting my teeth rearranged in combat sports as a younger man)?

Theres a large number of characters you could play from big characters like don king to background characters like the trees spirits and rock golems. Take a look at the spreadsheet. You might be a pretty good fit for Sir Webinar (ansoms warlord)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:00 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool!
    Not to add to Mission Creep or anything, but maybe you want to have like 4 or 5 people playing as charlie, With one of them being the real voice.

With how he does buisness/his carnyskillz, him having multiple voices for his different images seems appropriate.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:18 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Here are some of the recordings I did for the official auditions way back when:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDB6ZnrpzxygDOFWr-zaedw

I'm not all that happy with them anymore and intend to do new ones soonish, but maybe you can use them for a first appraisal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:50 am 
    Morsious wrote:
    Not to add to Mission Creep or anything, but maybe you want to have like 4 or 5 people playing as charlie, With one of them being the real voice.

With how he does buisness/his carnyskillz, him having multiple voices for his different images seems appropriate.

I would love to do this if I could get enough people on board.

Finn MacCool wrote:

I'm not all that happy with them anymore and intend to do new ones soonish, but maybe you can use them for a first appraisal.

I really enjoyed the Sizemore and Stanley voices. If you could give an updated reading that your happy with that would be fantastic. Btw what accent is that? If I had to guess I'd say northern Europe but beyond that I wouldn't have a clue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:37 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Ohhhhh boop, I would love to participate but I don't know if my nasally voice would be good for anyone. x.x

Higher-pitch nasally male voice, can manipulate my range somewhat if I focus. If you have any ideas for something like that, let me know. Will try to get an example before the end of the day. (probably just gonna edit this post if I'm able)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Cryptomancer wrote:
    Finn MacCool wrote:

I really enjoyed the Sizemore and Stanley voices. If you could give an updated reading that your happy with that would be fantastic. Btw what accent is that? If I had to guess I'd say northern Europe but beyond that I wouldn't have a clue.

Close. It's that of a German who has listened to a lot of Irish folk music.
    What version of Sizemore do you prefer? The recording contains two.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:38 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    KrenkoMobBoss wrote:
    Ohhhhh boop, I would love to participate but I don't know if my nasally voice would be good for anyone. x.x

Higher-pitch nasally male voice, can manipulate my range somewhat if I focus. If you have any ideas for something like that, let me know. Will try to get an example before the end of the day. (probably just gonna edit this post if I'm able)

I can't speak for Cryptomancer, but if you can mimic the Sicilian from the Princess Bride, that would make the "Inconceivable!"/"Stop saying that!" scene so much funnier.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:14 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Nimelennar wrote:
    KrenkoMobBoss wrote:

I can't speak for Cryptomancer, but if you can mimic the Sicilian from the Princess Bride, that would make the "Inconceivable!"/"Stop saying that!" scene so much funnier.

You reckon Stanley has a bit of a Vizzini voice to him? I always kinda imagined him more gruff.... sorta like.... uhh.... TF2 Soldier crossed with Strong Bad, kinda?

I can give my best Stanley a shot though. Was planning on auditioning for Tramennis and/or Ossomer, but I can squeeze a lil Stanley in too.

EDIT: It sounds like the role of Stanley is already taken. Should I still audition for it...? It's not really a role I want, especially. I'd be happy to do it, if no one else is, but if someone wants it, particularly, then it should go to them if they're sufficient.

EDIT2: Tried recording Ossomer and Tramennis. Very very unsatisfied with the results. Will look into training my voice so I can do them better; in the meantime, here's an example of my natural speaking voice. If you think I'd be a good fit for anyone, let me know. I'm up for anything, I just want to be a part of this somehow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlv2pf0x1g23k ... e.mp3?dl=0

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:23 pm 
    KrenkoMobBoss wrote:
    Nimelennar wrote:

EDIT: It sounds like the role of Stanley is already taken. Should I still audition for it...? It's not really a role I want, especially. I'd be happy to do it, if no one else is, but if someone wants it, particularly, then it should go to them if they're sufficient.

EDIT2: Tried recording Ossomer and Tramennis. Very very unsatisfied with the results. Will look into training my voice so I can do them better; in the meantime, here's an example of my natural speaking voice. If you think I'd be a good fit for anyone, let me know. I'm up for anything, I just want to be a part of this somehow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlv2pf0x1g23k ... e.mp3?dl=0

You would make an excellent Stanley without having to change your voice much. You wouldn't be limited to just one character as this is a large project without many volunteers. You can see the official castings on the spreadsheet located on the OP. I agree with Nimelennar that Vizinni would be a hilarious voice for Stanley. I'm still waiting on Finn MacCool's recordings before I make a decision and if you would like to play Stanley I would like a line read from you.

Finn MacCool wrote:
    Close. It's that of a German who has listened to a lot of Irish folk music.
    What version of Sizemore do you prefer? The recording contains two

I preferred the first version of Sizemore.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:13 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Cryptomancer wrote:
    You would make an excellent Stanley without having to change your voice much. You wouldn't be limited to just one character as this is a large project without many volunteers. You can see the official castings on the spreadsheet located on the OP. I agree with Nimelennar that Vizinni would be a hilarious voice for Stanley. I'm still waiting on Finn MacCool's recordings before I make a decision and if you would like to play Stanley I would like a line read from you.

Roger that. I'll wait til I can get to my sister's house to record some Stanley - my apartment's not really good for shouting, and I probably want to shout a little if I'm gonna be him. : P

Of course, if Finn wants the role, he can have it. I don't especially want the Stanley role, I just want any role. u~u

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:25 am 
    If you need help cleaning and adjusting audio, let me know. Currently doing something similar for another project. We are taking in community recordings despite whatever mics they have. My job is to coach people how to record them well and get them all sounding as clear as possible with editing. I also build sound effects as a side hobby. I've been wanting to do something for Erfworld sound effects for a long time.

I can also try recording a voice, but I've never been great at vocal recordings myself. I just enjoy the more technical aspect.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld