Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:35 am 
So it's stated that the higher level a city is, the more schmuckers it produces each turn, and it's also stated that a side has a certain number of city levels it can have before diminishing returns (I originally misinterpreted this as the side having a limited number of cities period before diminishing returns, so making it city levels is how Homekey was able to "play wide" over tall, but not both).

There are a couple of ways this affects strategy, such as being able to quickly produce more units with more cities versus some better quality ones in higher level cities (though the highest we know of I think is dwagons at lvl 3 for GK, but there could be higher base quality units out there). But it begs the question of whether, purely considering shmuckers, 1 level 2 city would produce more shmuckers than 2 level 1s? Does leveling it make it produce double the amount? If so, what about other combinations of higher and lower levels? ( I am not a mathamancer, so I've got no clue)

Higher level cities might also pop better equipment, materials, or provisions than lower ones, so that might also be something to consider on the path to a self sustaining side (especially if better quality food, if there are food qualities outside of being cooked well, further reduces upkeep cost)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:36 am 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    My HC is that it's $1,000 per level before modifiers. Canon is cagey about the value of a shmucker at the best of times; I got that number by a lot of generous extrapolation and picking the simplest model that looked about right.

(GK hit diminishing returns at 15 cities; assume the average level was 3, so 45 levels total. There was one update where Jillian mentioned her side's total upkeep of $4-5 thousand, the big tickets being 6 megalos, 26 gwiffs, and 7ish WLs minus losses; my intuition is that a megalo would be a few hundred, a gwiffon would be a bit under one hundred, and a basic infantryman $10. JS had 5k troops at TBfGK counting the elves, mostly infantry, for a total upkeep of $50k. Assume that $50k was their entire income, and they covered their home defence by farms, city management, and looting GK. Then we get about $1k/city-level; and a linear model with round numbers is parsimonious.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:25 pm 
    WannabeWierdomancer wrote:
    Higher level cities might also pop better equipment, materials, or provisions than lower ones, so that might also be something to consider on the path to a self sustaining side (especially if better quality food, if there are food qualities outside of being cooked well, further reduces upkeep cost)

I think we can make a connection to the way the nobility system works, the higher the level of the city the more important the noble title.

Granted we've never read about anything but a Royal bonus but I guess Nobles also get one but a weaker version corresponding to their rank.

I would also like to note from the Digdoug story that playing tall is something of a Royalist tradition/default.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:57 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    We know that nearby hexes also affect what pops in a city. For example, a city with farm hexes nearby will receive food. It's possible that adjacent hexes also determine the level of shmucker production, so that two cities of identical level might produce wildly different amounts of cash each turn.

Another question is whether adjacent hexes can be upgraded. Can you build up and improve a hex like a farm? If so, does it cost shmuckers to upgrade? In that case, the cost of upgrading adjacent hexes has to be taken into consideration as an additional component of economic strategy. It might be more profitable to focus on fewer cities so you can afford to upgrade both them and their hexes.

*A Very Erfworld Questmas - Peace on Erf.
    *Blast From The Past - 10 part story about an army frozen in time. Finished!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld