Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:50 pm 
Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
What will the tower of FAQ look like once it "levels up"?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 pm 
    You mean if it gets awakened like Jed and the Mommalith?

I'm thinking a cross between a statue of Liberty and Zeus with thunderbolts theme. Always speaks with a rising screech ending in a crack of incipient lightning. Like Kōmoto Akari when she's revealing her demonic nature (for whatever reason), but with more and spikier horns.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:42 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    keybounce wrote:
    What will the tower of FAQ look like once it "levels up"?

It will look like this:
    Quote:
    They climbed two hills and halfway up a third to reach the spot of Marika‘s stone.
    It was medium-sized, and low to the ground, but perched upon it was a carving of a robed woman, with dove-like wings sprouting from her back. If this was some kind of flying unit, Jillian had never seen one before. Somehow, it suited Marika perfectly. The script on the stone face was tiny and precise.

Countess Marika Neagle
    Warlord, Mercenary, Defender
    Kingdom of Faq
    Level 5 - 440 Turns of Life
    a fierce fighter, dominant and brash
    “Marika was amazing. She flew and fought like I only wish I could. I tried to show her how much I needed her, how appreciated she was, but I could really only show her in private. If the world goes on for a million turns, it‘ll never pop another one like her.” -Princess Jillian of Faq, who loved her

For Jillian, I always imagined it looking this way, after she annoyed it multiple times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_of_Grief

Or like this facepalming angel:

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:48 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Seeing how the previous two towers seem to be designed to "counteract" aspects of their Ruler's personality, I think an animated Faq tower would look like this:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... Ushiku.jpg

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:49 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Awakened towers seem to sort of balance the ruler. Jillian is very emotional, very aggressive, and very eager to send herself to the frontlines. Two of her exes tried to kill her (Wanda, Ansom) and another one conquered her capital (Vinny). She also lost her capital after leaving very meager defenses in it.

So I think her sentient tower will be an overprotective father. Someone very strict, very concerned for her safety and his own. He will try to ground her (in the "don't leave the house" sense), and will criticize her taste in sexual mates, maybe even threaten them directly. He will also constantly bug her regarding defensive measures. Jed mellows Stanley with drinks, Faq's tower will mellow Jillian with harsh discipline and tough love. A sort of a militaristic signamancy would fit, his treatment of her will resemble a drill sergeant towards new recruits. So he could be like a general and Jillian will give him much grief, and he is an enemy of the Jed eye knights...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:54 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hungirly awaits wrote:
    Awakened towers seem to sort of balance the ruler. Jillian is very emotional, very aggressive, and very eager to send herself to the frontlines. Two of her exes tried to kill her (Wanda, Ansom) and another one conquered her capital (Vinny). She also lost her capital after leaving very meager defenses in it.

So I think her sentient tower will be an overprotective father. Someone very strict, very concerned for her safety and his own. He will try to ground her (in the "don't leave the house" sense), and will criticize her taste in sexual mates, maybe even threaten them directly. He will also constantly bug her regarding defensive measures. Jed mellows Stanley with drinks, Faq's tower will mellow Jillian with harsh discipline and tough love. A sort of a militaristic signamancy would fit, his treatment of her will resemble a drill sergeant towards new recruits. So he could be like a general and Jillian will give him much grief, and he is an enemy of the Jed eye knights...

Something like Stalin sculpture then? They did call him Father of the Nation.

Or maybe something like Mount Rushmore, since Jillian needs more than one Dad and her mind is fragmented.

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:42 am 
    Well, that's why I went for Akari, since she usually gets like that in response to Akane.

I really don't see Jillian responding well to a father figure in stone. Or any kind of parental figure.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:52 am 
    So a cross between a weeping angel, a general grevious, a military father, and an over protective mother. And possibly all 4 in a mount rushmore style collection.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:18 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    keybounce wrote:
    So a cross between a weeping angel, a general grevious, a military father, and an over protective mother. And possibly all 4 in a mount rushmore style collection.

Nah, it's likely only going to be the one. Jed and Mommalith are both very similar in being elongated and singular stone statues.

Though, I suppose something else she desperately needs is spiritual guidance. Maybe she could end up with all of the above as a...

Spoiler: show

Personally I think it'd be a Buddha like Caprice has, because of the added hilarity that it'd remind her of her father's teachings. Just to toss another option, aesthetics wise, it could be a Scythian Kurgan. With probably a matronly, "teach my child not to be a bully" personality.

Spoiler: show

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:10 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jillian's capital is the former city of Gobwin Knob, on top of an uncroaked volcano. So, Pele?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:22 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Somehow I find the idea of Jed-ifying Faq's capital to be rather effed-up.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:36 am 
    Heh, I would tip that if tips were working.

But I thought we were talking about the City of Faq, not ICFYS.

Oh, I just had the most horrible vision of what the tower of ICFYS would look like, partly based on the name of the city and the name of the tower.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:49 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    I'm picturing Vatican fountains, and a lot of pumping. Makes sense for volcano city... an awakened ICFYS would probably find a use for all that lava.

Seems that you were right about the topic about thing. Didn't read the opening post. "Tower of Faq" mean's something completely different to "Faq's tower". Since Effed Up is Faq's only tower, I figured that was what he was referring to.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:53 am 
    I was thinking (when I asked the question) of the tower in the capital of FAQ, which currently is ICFYS. Not the tower that Albert lost to his ... friends and family :-).

Hmm ... Friends and Family? That tower will look like a verizon cell tower, and it will probably get all of TV into a multi-hundred turn contract with steep cancellation fees.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:01 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    keybounce wrote:
    That tower will look like a verizon cell tower

Suddenly Charlescomm doesn't sound quite so bad anymore :lol:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld