Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: The Ending of Erfworld.
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:04 pm 
This user is a Tool!
So we have Stanley who is attuned to the Hammer, Wanda who is attuned to the Pliers, and Charlie who is attuned to the Dish. It has been hinted that Jillian will attune to the Shoes.

To me to me, I always imagined that the story will end with Parson talking to the Titans themselves, but I just had a new thought. Parson is a gamer and a creator. It made his own system and his own game. The Battle for Gobwin Knob was disconcertingly similar to his game back home. Since reading the idea on TV Tropes, I think Parson who make a killing if he sold his game designs. But that's the thing, though isn't it? Parson can make a game. He would be considered a Titan within his created world wouldn't he?

Maybe I have the ending all wrong. Maybe Roger's fear of Parson attuning to the Dish is a bit optimist. Maybe he will attune to ALL the tools? Can you imagine? You would become a Titan, himself, able to shape the world in his image. He could make it into another Earth or he can make everlasting peace possible at last and why couldn't he with power like that? Hell, the easiest, most direct thing to do would be to combine the power of the Dish and Hammer to kill everyone on Erfworld by zapping them all. This would be similar to the Great Minds cutting strings at a distance. Then he could combine the power of the Pliers, the Dish, and the Shoes with the Hammer which use Turnamancy and Carnymancy respectively that could break the "can only cast decyption within one hex" rule. I don't see him doing that, but it's one option. Everyone would be on one side and no one would need upkeep to survive.

My most vivid image comes in with Wanda, Jillian, Charlie, and Stanley being dead and Parson decrypting them all in one room. Imagine each of their thoughts and feelings at that moment to see a Titan walk among them.

But hell, maybe I'm wrong, but it's a wonderful idea.

Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:38 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    What if Parson makes his own Arkentool?

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:30 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lipkin wrote:

As a black belt in Hamster-Fu, Parson's hands and feet are legally classified as Arkentools. He had to declare them at the inter-universal security check before the Titans let him teleport in. True story, man.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:01 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Caprice wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:

As a black belt in Hamster-Fu, Parson's hands and feet are legally classified as Arkentools. He had to declare them at the inter-universal security check before the Titans let him teleport in. True story, man.

It is true. That's why he is kneeling on the ground by the time he is finished plotting in: The Titans were doing a security search on Parson for foreign contraband.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:36 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Lipkin wrote:

The idea being that Erfworld was left incomplete and Parson has to make a new Tool to finish it?

Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:18 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:

The idea being that Erfworld was left incomplete and Parson has to make a new Tool to finish it?

Erfworld is broken at the core, Parson has to break it down for parts before he can cobble together a workable system (in which all units have personal agency, and endless war is not necessary for survival).

Enter...the Arken-saw. We knew it was coming eventually...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:02 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    All you powers combines. Plier, Hammer, Shoes, Dish, and Saw combine to form Captain Erf!

Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:34 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    You forgot the Power of heart.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=164

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld