Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post subject: Would you rather ___ ?
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:54 pm 
This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
A hiatus is like a car trip. And as with many car trips, a game can make the time pass by more quickly.

So let's play an Erfworldy "Would you rather?" Basically, present two unappealing situations for the next poster to pick from, and then put your own down for the poster after to answer in turn.

So to start off: Would you rather be a warlord in Stanley's army, pre Parson's summoning OR have a nasty bad Luckamancy hex put on you (we're talking, walking under piano's being lifted on frayed rope type bad)?

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:25 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Aren't those the same thing?
    I mean, Gobwin Knob had to have all kinds of bad luckamancy before. It's why they have such.... good... luckamancy... now....
    (Must explore new fan theory now)

I'd rather have the terrible luckamancy.

Last edited by Falcon X on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:25 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Definitely warlord in Stanley's army. At least you have a chance of becoming CWL and try to switch things around :)

Would you rather be part of the Great Minds - and have to participate in their quest for control or be a thinkamancer that has been declared bad - and to be forbidden to no longer develop your own magic talents?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:55 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    I don't remember if it was stated definitely in canon, but could Bad thinkamancers continue to evolve in other disciplines? If so, I would choose to be a bad thinkamancer. If not, I'll have to think about it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:24 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Yeah, baddie Thinkamancer. There's growing in Lookamancy and Foolamancy, plus at least I know I'm not complicit in some of the shadier things the GMTTA do.

Ok, would you rather...

Pop as a Florist under Queen Jillian, or landlubber warlord in Seaworld?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 pm 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I think Jillian's Florist has more chance of winning respect, or at least lack of harassment, than Seaworld's land-lords do.

Would you rather be Claude or Ivan in these recent events?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:58 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Claude. I prefer his POV and I like handicrafts better than building projects. They're both equally booped.

If you were a level one barbarian caster in the MK would you rather be a Carnymancer or a Mathamancer?

A tale from Erfworld: The Retconjurer

A tale of Rhyme-o-mancy: The Noble Gasses

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:32 pm 
    tadthornhill wrote:
    If you were a level one barbarian caster in the MK would you rather be a Carnymancer or a Mathamancer?

Carnymancer, more tricks up his sleeve to survive the harsh conditions.
    Would you rather rule a side with no casters, or a side with no mounts? (and no vehicles too)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:00 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    A side with no mounts. Magic makes you less predictable and able to be more creative, even if you loose some of the great mobility and boosts of mounts.

Would you rather have the Arkenshoes but be unable to stop walking, or the Arkendish and be unable to stop hearing people's thoughts.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:01 pm 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Arkendish. Kinda what Charlie already does, right?

Assume you're Jillian. Would you rather have a son who kills his underlings out of incompetence, or a son who kills his underlings out of anger issues?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:08 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Jatopian wrote:

Assume you're Jillian. Would you rather have a son who kills his underlings out of incompetence, or a son who kills his underlings out of anger issues?

Anger issues. If it were incompetence, I would have been worried I might get killed. You can deal with anger issues.

Would you rather have Hammer with only "Turning birds into walnuts" power or Pliers with only "Dusts Uncroaked with a single hit" power?

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:25 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    youngstormlord wrote:
    Jatopian wrote:

Anger issues. If it were incompetence, I would have been worried I might get killed. You can deal with anger issues.

Would you rather have Hammer with only "Turning birds into walnuts" power or Pliers with only "Dusts Uncroaked with a single hit" power?

Turning birds into walnuts. Gets rid of my pidgeon problem, and walnuts make great parting gifts to your enemies. You never know who'll have nut allergies (and if they don't, then you don't look like a buthole for trying to poison your enemies' leadership during a party)

You have been requested to turn to another ruler: would you rather bow your head for a dog, or duck it for a duck?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:49 am 
    Jatopian wrote:

And is willing to lie to you to your face about it, regardless of which it was.

But ouch, yeah, it's like you hit every raw nerve there. Oddly, I'd prefer incompetence, because I'm Jillian. You can train away incompetence, but as Jillian I can barely deal with my own anger issues, let alone help someone else with theirs-- wait. I changed my mind. That would actually be a really soldily awesome way to bond and improve the family relationship. We just need Janice to keep us from coming to blows. ;)

youngstormlord wrote:

The hammer seems like a pretty solid weapon sans powers, the plyers seem way more physically hard to hold and swing. (neat sword grab attack notwithstanding). So I'll go with that, plus uncroaked have to be less common than bird ferals or side with bird pops.

Anomynous 167 wrote:
    You have been requested to turn to another ruler: would you rather bow your head for a dog, or duck it for a duck?

I know that the Dogess is suuuuper cute and loveable, but I'd have to cry Foul and waddle over to the duck side of the force.

I'm just an odd duck that way.

As a caster, would you rather be on the receiving end of a bad Trilink break (to Jack's level, with eventual return to mostly normal and no physical symptoms) or suffer the kind of personal tragedy that bleaches out your skin and hair, and makes your eyes pink (like Maggie and Isaac)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:12 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    I'd rather have mind intact after a bad link break.

Would you rather be from Stupidworld and PLOT into Erfworld, or be an Erfworlder and DEPLOT into Stupidworld?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:39 am 
    lordfisch wrote:
    Would you rather be from Stupidworld and PLOT into Erfworld, or be an Erfworlder and DEPLOT into Stupidworld?

PLOTing into erfworld. Think of how an erfworldian would feel at earth - he had a purpose, a side to serve, a sense of meaning in its life. And now? He's free, in a world he knows nothing of, which often demands things that take years to achieve, in which mere survival demands a lot of work, often with no other meaning to it.

Would you rather have a dollamancer that can't build dolls, or a foolamancer that can't fool others?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:54 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hungirly awaits wrote:
    lordfisch wrote:

PLOTing into erfworld. Think of how an erfworldian would feel at earth - he had a purpose, a side to serve, a sense of meaning in its life. And now? He's free, in a world he knows nothing of, which often demands things that take years to achieve, in which mere survival demands a lot of work, often with no other meaning to it.

Would you rather have a dollamancer that can't build dolls, or a foolamancer that can't fool others?

Dollamancer. He can still build magical raiment and accessories. Foolamancer who can't fool others is almost completely useless.
    Would you rather see Bonnie and Klaud get together as a pair or Lilith and Sizemore?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:16 am 
    Sizemore and Lilith.
    As much as I love the pun and everything surrounding Bonnie and Claud, I think the dynamic between Sizemore and Lilith would bring out so many interesting things about both of their characters. More drama and more chaos.

Would you rather be the only unit in Erfworld existence who never is automagically physically cleansed of dirt, sweat, smell, etc. or would you rather be the only unit in Erfworld existence that does not always feel refreshed in the morning.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:23 am 
    Falcon X wrote:
    Sizemore and Lilith.
    As much as I love the pun and everything surrounding Bonnie and Claud, I think the dynamic between Sizemore and Lilith would bring out so many interesting things about both of their characters. More drama and more chaos.

Would you rather be the only unit in Erfworld existence who never is automagically physically cleansed of dirt, sweat, smell, etc. or would you rather be the only unit in Erfworld existence that does not always feel refreshed in the morning.

I choose: Unit that doesn't always feel refreshed. That's what the coffee is for! :)

Would you rather have one of your fanfiction characters stay forever in your fanfictions or would you like it show up in Erfworld canon only to immediately be killed off in the most stupid way possible, not accomplishing anything of importance?

For example, the character shows up on ramparts with other soldiers, does not say a word, a boulder thrown by a random dire bear squashes them all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:54 am 
    I'll take the meaningless death cameo. Still better than nothing. Granted, i don't have a fanfic character per ce, but i guess my erfy persona counts.

Would you rather have a Special that makes your (bare-skinned) touch transmulte Rock and Metal into Crap (speed of transmutation depends on how much of your skin is in contact with the substance), OR -
    Have the Poison Blood special, under a ruler that's very eager to take maximum advantage of it in every battle?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:48 pm 
    I would take the crap touch, I could get used to crap, but bleeding will always be harsh. Also, it seems like a very useful ability against fortifications.

Would you rather be an enemy of Parson in a world without Charlie, or an enemy of Judy Gale during her prime and after the fall of Easteros and Westeregg?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld