Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:04 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Apologies for the click bait title. Just to hard to pass up, but had this idea for moneymancy power:

"Make it rain!" - Moneymancers can convert hexes to rain hex by spending a whole lot of schmuckers.

"but I have to wonder how much anyone here really knows about their own world. What he told me sounds like a lot of crap about the four basic elements that people believed for centuries just because Aristotle said it." - Parson

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:42 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    But, we know that weather conditions are Terrain types, and altering a terrain type is high-level Dirtamancy.

Props on the pun, though. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:15 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Once every year or two, I read a post that makes me shake my head and say, "Damn, I wish I'd thought of that." So...I'm not confirming this is canon now, but it's a canon-worthy idea. You already have a Dwagon Master badge, or I'd award you one for this post. :stanley:

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:54 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Makes me think that Moneymancers take "anything can be bought" literally. They are able to see the monetary value of absolutely anything, even what a rain hex is worth.
    Their active magic is that they are able to make payment for such a thing possible.

[edit] How much is peace on Erf worth? Every single shmucker.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:32 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Falcon X wrote:
    [edit] How much is peace on Erf worth? Every single shmucker.

There could be a twist that Charlie is saving to buy peace on erf, or worse, that he saved enough for it a long time ago.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:39 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Ooh, I like this. Also, a Florist/Moneymancer link could make Shmuckers grow on trees. :lol:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:08 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I always figured a dirty/thinky/florist would go around planting cash crops to create new farm hexes. I imagine something akin a potato plant with gems mixed in with the roots.

If a Moneymancer was involved instead of the Dirtamancer I imagine a glittering forest of Rhinetrees, most of the dropped rhinecones being worthless but a healthy few being dazzling enough to get converted to a handful of shmuckers or give a boost to raiment they are incorporated into. like a low level farm when worked by a stack or two of troops, but maybe with some Forest specials in the mix becoming a decent source of income.

*edit* don't know why it didn't occur to me immediately but the Rhinetrees closest to riverbanks would of course be more productive than the rest, possibly even adding a minor hazard to the area which a defender could use to their advantage against those crossing.*edit*

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:52 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Maybe could make it so moneymancers can convert production into gems.

Pops gems in midair, must be cast before start of turn, might even have some offensive value if you can cast it from an adjacent hex. Stop an enemy from popping infantry. You can't stab with money.

My blog

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:25 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Perhaps moneymancers paired with predictamancers could foresee strange tasks that have little inherent value and yet one titan or another would reward with a rare new currency. This insight into earning points with the Titanomics of the world could help a side access nearly unheard of freemium production options.

Then again maybe a pairing with a carny is more appropriate for such pay to win type tactics.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:45 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    PastorofMuppets wrote:
    Perhaps moneymancers paired with predictamancers could foresee strange tasks that have little inherent value and yet one titan or another would reward with a rare new currency. This insight into earning points with the Titanomics of the world could help a side access nearly unheard of freemium production options.

Then again maybe a pairing with a carny is more appropriate for such pay to win type tactics.

Titans, is that the true power of Moneymancers? MICROTRANSACTIONS?!

My blog

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:21 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    but the side has to have a mine (a natural resource, not a building) ... if the mine is rich enough.

Link a Moneymancer and a Dirtamancer and cast Pay Dirt.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld