Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:44 am 
This user is a Tool! Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
Perfection.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:52 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Updated my pledge. Rain or Shine. I'm glad to be able to do something to help.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:29 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool!
    Done. Rain or shine. Hoping for Shiny. <3

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Seconded for no badges and no separate information.
    The information, as it is, brings transparency, witch is really cool and often needed.

The other option would only bring guilt trip. We do not want that.

anyway, thanks for the little checkbox.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:40 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I really like the new Rain or Shine Pledges and have checked that option.

I also would be interested in knowing the amount of people who did pick that option. However I agree with the comments in this thread about not making that info display on the front page. Anything like that as well as other rewards like extra badges or something might be seen as guilt tripping the users into picking the option.

So if you decide to make the information public at all do it in such a way that people actively have to look for it. Though I would think not making the information public at all would be better.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:08 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool!
    I wish I could afford to do the check box, but I cannot right now. Maybe later.

I'm torn, because One of the things I like about the Tooshed banner is how it shows transparency on the Tool Program, and this option now makes it Less so.

At the same time, its likely to guilt people who choose to, or cannot pledge for every update slot regardless.

Regardless, I'm glad that the option is there now.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:00 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Im in.

Maybe a silly question, but would it be possible/difficult to do a similar check box for ads?

On my PC they aren't that intrusive and I really only login to my toolship to get the better comic images, not to deny income.

(I know I could just not log in [which I basically don't do unless viewing the comic] but I was hoping to get a way to help more and still see the comic images at their best).

Thanks.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:55 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool!
    This is great. I was looking for more of a subscription option when I heard the news on Linda, but this works instead.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Morsious wrote:

As mentioned upthread, you can drop your donation amount to compensate. As an added bonus, you'll know exactly how much will be going out each month. :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:29 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool!
    I went ahead and signed up for this. I would have done so regardless of cancer because it makes the amount I'm donating per month set instead of variable (except for maybe some Februaries I guess...?), which means I can put this in my budget as a recurring bill/expense. A great option for those of us who track where every penny brought in to their households goes. Thanks!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:11 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Hallelujah! Thank you so much for finally doing this! I've been pleading for this option for years because I just don't like the idea of conditional support. I was very sad when the original Toolbox option went away, which caused me to dither for a long time about making a conditional pledge.

Needless to say, I opted in the moment I saw the announcement!

P.S. Though it no longer applies for me, I still think it would be a good idea to lose the "on time" clause for per-update pledges-- at least for the duration of Linda's battle. Don't hold the creative team to specific deadlines; just charge whenever the updates finally come out. I think that would help take even more pressure off of Rob, which can only be a good thing and is why I even mention it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:18 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf
    Box ticked. Thanks for this neat and simple solution. I'm also happy to know that (in a small way) I've been able to help support the priorities that Rob set out. If there's a need to skip, then there should be skippage.

If you're considering setting up a page of "Toolshed statistics", how about a historical once-a-week snapshot table of total toolbox number, total amount pledged, total rain or shine percent, and percentages of the total in each tier (50% stabbers, 30% knights etc). Some people love looking back at changes and doing stats :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Ruler of Erfworld Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    I am going to be switching to rain or shine pledges for a the summer and might go back to regular updates when fall hits, normally a slower time of the year for me. I just wish them the best this is a rough time for them and not worrying about money is the easiest thing we can provide.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:48 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Morsious wrote:

I'm torn, because One of the things I like about the Tooshed banner is how it shows transparency on the Tool Program, and this option now makes it Less so.

At the same time, its likely to guilt people who choose to, or cannot pledge for every update slot regardless.

Regardless, I'm glad that the option is there now.

It's ok; relax. Some of us can, now. Others will be able to later. Some will drop the RoS option, when the Titans challenge them and pick it up again later. Circle of Life, Hakuna Matata, platitude, platitude... it's all good. :D

Last edited by Coyoteiscrazy on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:51 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Dark Exodus wrote:
    Im in.

Maybe a silly question, but would it be possible/difficult to do a similar check box for ads?

On my PC they aren't that intrusive and I really only login to my toolship to get the better comic images, not to deny income.

(I know I could just not log in [which I basically don't do unless viewing the comic] but I was hoping to get a way to help more and still see the comic images at their best).

Thanks.

Seconded.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:21 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    DunkelMentat wrote:
    I went ahead and signed up for this. I would have done so regardless of cancer because it makes the amount I'm donating per month set instead of variable (except for maybe some Februaries I guess...?), which means I can put this in my budget as a recurring bill/expense. A great option for those of us who track where every penny brought in to their households goes. Thanks!

Ah yes, I remember the worst thing about a skipped story update wasn't the story stalling but me not getting as big as a bump in my horde of shmuckers.
    Aion wrote:
    P.S. Though it no longer applies for me, I still think it would be a good idea to lose the "on time" clause for per-update pledges-- at least for the duration of Linda's battle. Don't hold the creative team to specific deadlines; just charge whenever the updates finally come out. I think that would help take even more pressure off of Rob, which can only be a good thing and is why I even mention it.

If Romance of the Three Kingdoms Adaptions have tought me anything, it's that women would rather throw themselves into a well than see their husbands (or sons) sacrifice their careers for their well-being. Don't fall into this trap.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:43 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    my horde of shmuckers

a.k.a. the Golden Horde

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld