Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:09 am 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Lipkin wrote:
The most recent update has only strengthened my suspicion that Parson is going to sever his ties to Stupidworld using the scroll. They can force him to cast, but they can't force him to go to his previous home.

Interesting. My take on the "Ohio was not 'home' anymore" quote is that it's put there just as a serious hint/premonition that the Ruby Slippers will indeed bring him to Erfworld when he uses them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:30 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The plot twist is going to be that Parson's going to return to Ohio, but in Stupidworld time it's been like 30 years since he left. His old neighborhood is now an upscale tourist district, and the place where his old apartment was is now part of the basement of the "Museum of Hollywood Classics". Parson materializes right next to a very familiar pair of ruby slippers that aren't currently on display...

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:58 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I think we have been given a preview of what happens when Parson goes away when he got locked up. The story just kind of grinds to a halt for a little bit with the other characters floundering for direction.

Parson's time in prison was made bearable due to his interactions with Jack and to a lesser extent Maggie. It was interesting and helped flesh out the plot a bit more and it is a joy to see those three characters interact. We also got the magic of Thinkamancy and Dollamancy fleshed out a little bit as well.

Parson going back to Stupidworld just doesn't strike me as very interesting because he'd inherently be going their alone and would be overcoming tasks such as - Getting gas money, explaining to loved ones where he has been etc. While in Erfworld Parson overcomes tasks such as - slaying magical beasts, wrestling with divine forces and the like.

One seems much more interesting than the other.

I personally think that if the scroll does get used it will take Parson to ICFYS (formerly Gobwin Knob) as that could be the reason that Wanda then has to go to Jillian and potentially trade herself for his release.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    I'm adding very little to this conversation, but I was re-reading book one. Remember that page, when Parson and Stanley are walking down the stairs? They talk about Dwagons and Spidews and Stanley comments that calling them "Dragons" is stupid. Then, he says "Parson," actually in quotes.

That got me thinking that, if Parson was a unit type in Erf, he'd be a "Pawson." Which is phonetically how Marie says it, and it's also how she would say "Person."

I'm starting to wonder if Marie told Wanda that someday she would summon a "Pawson" that would break Erfworld, and that Wanda translated the accent to be "Parson" instead of "Person." Marie not only predicted it to happen, but her extremely unique Signamancy created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    CDS wrote:
    I think we have been given a preview of what happens when Parson goes away when he got locked up. The story just kind of grinds to a halt for a little bit with the other characters floundering for direction.

This could be solved by completely leaving Erfworld behind, following only Parson until he has solved his problem.

Alternatively they have to start acting. It could be a time for everyone else to grow up, since they believe Parson is gone forever. (When he was in jail everyone just waited for him to get out, and didn't want to second guess him since last time they did that he almost died in a fire.)
    Of course, for that to work well they'd either have to get a clue on what can be done to Charlie, or someone else has to step up to the plate of the designated antagonist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld